installing hooks

How are the hooks for fans and chandeliers installed in ceilings at the a building is constructed ? and also after construction. ?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The best way is to weld the hook to the reinforcement steel bar in the ceiling at known locations before the concrete is poured. In existing ceilings it is better to dig around till the steel is exposed and fix the hook preferably by welding.
    Simpler methods can work for smaller weights.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    #-Link-Snipped-#

The guy in the video installed a ceramic hook to hang only a flower basket. even though the idea of using an anchor was good.

Now what i want to make sure is that the hooks which are attached to the steel bars by welding, will those welds be strong enough to support heavy loads , such as ceiling fans ?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    That is what I have used everywhere in my house ten years back. Since the load is directly transferred to the reinforcement there is no failure. Actually the hook is itself hooked over the reinforcement bar. There is no way it can fall down. It works even without welding.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Did anyone ever notice that a ceiling fan with deformed blades, never blows adequate air, when compared to a fan of the same make and model, with the blades in...
How about a robotic pet squirrel climbing on to your shoulders? Or can you imagine entering the security check at an airport and a robot climbing your shirt and pants...
I would like to write down the solutions of some problems and ask you if I have solved them correctly and if not, ask you to write down the correct...
we have done mini project on remote control switch device. in that 38khz infrared is used why specifically 38khz is used in its range why not other value?
i am preparing for 2013 gate suggest me some tips and how to start my preparation