Installing a turbocharger in a 2 stroke engine?

Hi friends!! Is it possible to install a turbo charger in a 2 stroke engine?

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    Is there anyone to clear my doubt?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Praveena: Its a great question. But I was just wondering, how did this question pop in your mind? (You being a Computer Engineer)
  • Reya
    Reya
    I was assisting my friend to search for the mechanical project titles..While surfing i came to know that installing a turbocharger in a two stroke engine is possible..I need some information about installing a turbocharger in a two stroke petrol engine.i googled but i could not find information based on my topic.
  • Reya
    Reya
    nobody there to help me??
  • Reya
    Reya
    I did not get you..
  • gohm
    gohm
    No need to bump your thread. Installing a turbo on a 2 stroke is difficult because of the design. The crank seals don't handle pressure well. You'd need an oil pump to assist in feeding lubrication to the lower end of the motor, normally done by the fuel mix. You would also have to solve the turbo interference with the expansion chamber as well as the reed valve (the pressure would try to force it open constantly).
  • Reya
    Reya
    Thanks gohm😀
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    @gohm=>

will you plz expain the basic for turbocharger?
  • gohm
    gohm
    A turbo is a form of forced induction using a turbine powered by gases to increase the amount of air input into an engine. This increase of air density allows for an increase in power and torque output. There are coldside and hotside turbo systems. Wikipedia has a good basic breakdown here: Turbocharger .
  • HungryMinds
    HungryMinds
    dude it can be done.... and i'm doing RND on my LML vespa .... n i did my first test using vacuum blower n my results were not at the expected level... so still i'm digging deeper....
  • HungryMinds
    HungryMinds
    shivsankar0
    hello i m a mechanical engg student
    hello shiv shankar give ur opinion on this topic
  • reepu_s
    reepu_s
    u can install it ....but again thr occurs a problem on size and since the exhaust from a two stroke engine is not sufficient enough to run the compressor of turbo charger....so dont think its possible to achieve the required compression....
  • nikole
    nikole
    gg_gaurav
    @gohm=>

will you plz expain the basic for turbocharger?
    A turbo is a form of forced induction using a turbine powered by gases to increase the amount of air input into an engine. This increase of air density allows for an increase in power and torque output.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends.. I am final year IT student,i need to submit my project title for final year project. me and our group members decide to do the project in mobile...
Well, i read the post on website to study until PHD level, it require a minimum iq of 125 while i only have 110😔. That mean even hardwork and die...
Check out this video featuring couple of toddlers using various smartphones - [video=youtube;VdlaQTS76VU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdlaQTS76VU[/video]
now im in final year i want to make my career in embedded system ,so iam thinking of doing cdac in enbedded system , tell me what is the scope...
I have a BSNL 3G USB data card internet connection. I am able to connect to the net using a laptop, but unfortunately the connection is not Wi-Fi. I wanna...