Innovations for a country's development and prosperity? [DEBATE]

What is innovation?
How it can transform you and your country?
......How can you and each one of us contribute through innovations for the country's development and prosperity??

Replies

• RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    INNOVATIONS
    Innovate, Renovate to rejuvenate yourself
    But what innovation actually means?​
    It is the process to overcome the trifles and troubles by application of technology, psychology and human skills. It is the sole purpose of the human brain as all other works can be computerized except innovations.​
    21st century is the age of innovations and that too in a time bound manner. Government of India is spending heftily on research and innovations in the 12th 5- year plan. India has been bestowed with the greatest minds on earth. Weather it is an IIT graduate or a tier -3 college graduate, both have the capability of innovation. Only getting thorough with the concepts of engineering automatically pushes the human brain to apply the concepts and techniques in trifles and tough situations; and this is called innovation.
    There is a difference between innovation and renovation. Renovate means to improve the pre-existing in order to get better comfort and ease, whereas innovate means to invent in order to cope up to the demands and the needs . The whole world around us which is man made is the result of innovations. Even early men innovated and the results were ‘wheel’ and ‘sparks’. Hence innovations are directly proportional to the needs of the society.

Now, how to innovate? What is the procedure? Why isn’t everybody around me innovating when the procedure is just so simple?
    He answer is that – the first basic step is for innovation is to understand the societal needs deeply ie. what the society deliberately needs?
    The second basic demand is –thorough knowledge of your field. The third demand is the thrust to do the new and the passion to do the hard work for it.
    And last but not the least –remember that you cannot fire a missile from a canon, ie. you need a group of similar minded people working towards a common goal.
    Hence you are not far away from the so called word ‘innovation’, as you have already taken the first step by reading this article. Innovation is the right application of human brain. Think about the problem and brain will come out with the solution and this is called innovation.

-Rishabh Lala
    Dual degree
    Rajiv Gandhi Prodyogiki Vishwavidyalaya
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Innovation may or may not be decided by what people or society needs. Innovation is a direct outcome of out of the box thinking. Society itself won't and cannot decide what it wants, except for the basic social needs.

Yeah, when commercialized, innovation can contribute to country's progress. Innovation itself is very broad term and can be applied to several aspects of life.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    Yes, Innovations is the result of out of box thinking but only those innovations are much anticipated, especially in India which have the power to solve society woes . example the societal need is water,
    which implies 'ambitious river linking project' which paves the way for the innovations like better remote sensing to find most economical topology for linking rivers, innovations to reduce the time taken by the use of polymers instead of concrete , etc. But this runs on the rule of Demand and Supply ie. Needs and their fulfillment, by application of brain (innovation)!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Probably you are too young to be aware that the idea of linking the rivers of India was thought up by Sir M.Visweswarayya and Sir C.P.Ramaswamy Iyer in the early 1930s during the construction of the KRS and Mettur Dams across the Cauvery river. It was the outcome of a farsighted thinking by some great minds. The societal need for water then was not much.
    At least in my case, I must confess that innovation is fun. Societal needs are not much in my mind when engaged in innovation. A problem demanding a solution is needed.
    As K says innovation (including telling the wife why you retuned at 2 am) covers a wide territory.
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    its not just societal needs but it should be the 'needs ' whose solutions are called innovations
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Maybe in some cases. When an artist paints a picture or a sculptor carves an image where is the 'need' other than an inner urge?
  • RISHABH LALA
    RISHABH LALA
    Sir M.Visweswarayya and Sir C.P.Ramaswamy Iyer had futuristic approaches , they realised the futuristic water needs of India. they knew India has the potential to grow and utilise d available water by their 'intuition'. In 1827 task of diverting Cauvery currents to the Collerron Dams, ignited the idea of river linking ; and when Idea meets the needs it is called Innovation.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we all know the rate of energy consumption is increasing ,so i am thinking of a new source of energy such as SOLAR ROADS,EXTRACTING ENERGY THROUGH INFRARED RAY SURROUNDING...
hello...here's ANURAG SINGH n i am a B.TECH 3rd Year EC student of BBDIT,GHAZIABAD.........n im looking for some of the projects............n latest updates....
CrazyEngineers seems to be an amazing website for all engineers and engineering students. Thank you for creating this website, admin!
Hai Friends, I am searching for latest topic for my M.Tech power system.Kindly help me for the same
How i create a description on Engineering Dictionary on the Android..?