Sources of Energy

As we all know the rate of energy consumption is increasing ,so i am thinking of a new source of energy such as SOLAR ROADS,EXTRACTING ENERGY THROUGH INFRARED RAY SURROUNDING OUR ENVIRONMENT ...................comment on this and help me to build up my project.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Naman Jain
    As we all know the rate of energy consumption is increasing ,so i am thinking of a new source of energy such as SOLAR ROADS,EXTRACTING ENERGY THROUGH INFRARED RAY SURROUNDING OUR ENVIRONMENT ...................comment on this and help me to build up my project.
    Rate of energy 'conversion' is increasing and the total amount of energy in the Universe is constant. It'd help if you could post few details about your project so that we know what exactly you're working on.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    If you mean that we use existing roads to harvest solar nergy, there is not much benefit unless you are thinking of some form of road surface that can do double duty as a photovotaic cell. Even then they have to be East -West aligned without any buildings on either side. Whatever IRis around is also from the sun. So the first option can include the second.
    It is of course possible that you are looking at a radically new approach. Can you please outline it?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On a side note: Energy using IR sounds interesting to me. Looking forward to some explanation/details.
  • Naman Jain
    Naman Jain
    bioramani
    If you mean that we use existing roads to harvest solar nergy, there is not much benefit unless you are thinking of some form of road surface that can do double duty as a photovotaic cell. Even then they have to be East -West aligned without any buildings on either side. Whatever IRis around is also from the sun. So the first option can include the second.
    It is of course possible that you are looking at a radically new approach. Can you please outline it?
    i am talking about the IR ray coming out from mobile towers etc...
  • Naman Jain
    Naman Jain
    bioramani
    its just a thought or my imagination on which i am searching to conclude something;;;
    one of my thought is to make a transparent mirrors which will act as a solar pannel...,,,,,
    these all just comes in my imagination from which i want to build something ......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello...here's ANURAG SINGH n i am a B.TECH 3rd Year EC student of BBDIT,GHAZIABAD.........n im looking for some of the projects............n latest updates....
CrazyEngineers seems to be an amazing website for all engineers and engineering students. Thank you for creating this website, admin!
Hai Friends, I am searching for latest topic for my M.Tech power system.Kindly help me for the same
How i create a description on Engineering Dictionary on the Android..?
Indian Air Force is hiring Engineers, Graduates Male and Female for various posts with a very good pay. Last date - 9 July, 2012. Exam date - 26 Aug, 2012....