Inflation and Poverty

Recently Bharat won world cup. I had a comparison.
We have also won it in 1983. The total prizes won by team were Rs.1.33 Million (13 lakh 30 Thousand)
In 2011 after 28 years it is more than 100 times that Rs.145 million (14 Crore 50 lakh)

When I asked my mother, she answered that 28 years back the value of 13.3 lakhs was same as 14.5 crores.

I see many people recounting that they have eaten a particular dish at 10 Paise!

So the important question that I want to ask you is
1.What are the probable reasons of rising inflation?
2.Does it indicate an upward or progressing trend in economy?

Replies

• narayana murthy
    narayana murthy
    see ishu here matter is on export or import standards of the country
    see here once we had increased the value of rupee hope you know the period and time
    so i am not mentioning here so if a standard of a country rises the total income increases we are thinking about value of goods but not seeing the income levels at the time getting 10 rupees is a difficult task but now it is simple
    it depends on the income levels of the people as standard of living increases the costs also increases
    hope i am clear

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

European Robotics (Robot) League (ERL) On 23 April 2011 the first European Robotics Contest will take place in Michelsen Arena of LCC International University in Klaipėda, Lithuania. Its objective is...
I got the news from a friend about his friend committing suicide out of frustration or guilt of not passing the 1st year examination. 😲 And I was shocked! We...
Hey there guys, i needed to design a vlan for part of my university coursework. I was hoping that some of you pros here can have a look at it...
Hey, is anyone familiar with the use of PEM fuel cell with regenerative braking system for a HEV? I'm trying to incorporate this system into a golf cart for my...
what are the relevances of C++ programming language in electrical/electronic engeering and in engineering as a whole. Trim Fusion