PEM fuel cell and regenerative braking system

Hey,

is anyone familiar with the use of PEM fuel cell with regenerative braking system for a HEV? I'm trying to incorporate this system into a golf cart for my project.

Replies

• Natalie07
    Natalie07
    PEM fuel cell with regenerative braking system

Hey,

is anyone familiar with the use of PEM fuel cell with regenerative braking system for a HEV? I'm trying to incorporate this system into a golf cart for my project.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Re: PEM fuel cell with regenerative braking system

Natalie07
    Hey, is anyone familiar with the use of PEM fuel cell with regenerative braking system for a HEV?
    As far as I know fuel cells in general (and PEM specifically) are primary cells. They cannot be recharged. In the PEM, Hydrogen gas combines with Oxygen from air forming water. Usually this will produce heat. In PEM the reactions take place at the electrode surfaces generating electricity..
    Regenerative braking converts a portion of the braking energy to electricity, which can recharge the storage cells used in some electric vehicles. You cannot use this power to charge a PEM. You can however charge a storage battery as a standby or auxilliary power source.
    Bioramani
  • jhbalaji
    jhbalaji
    The idea is out and we use a Lead battery pack to save power here
    We save around 20000 / year in a Private Bus here
  • Natalie07
    Natalie07
    jhbalaji
    The idea is out and we use a Lead battery pack to save power here
    We save around 20000 / year in a Private Bus here
    I've managed to get a model of the golf cart done in simulink incorporated with lead acid batteries. Are you able to help with the regenerative system?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

what are the relevances of C++ programming language in electrical/electronic engeering and in engineering as a whole. Trim Fusion
University of Missouri, St.Lois seems to have come up with a non invasive procedure taking just a second to monitor blood glucose levels, The team uses IR transmitted through the...
A lot of students in my college are talking about taking training this summer. I just wanted to ask, what do we learn in a training course (for CS)? Is...
Lecture on Engineering Mechanics by Dr.G.Saravana Kumar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion thread - [video=youtube;FkduVLMFAUo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkduVLMFAUo[/video]
Lecture on Engineering Mechanics by Dr.G.Saravana Kumar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati. Feel free to ask questions, doubts and contribute your ideas in this discussion thread - [video=youtube;tEBfwUQvMZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBfwUQvMZA[/video]