Induction Motor

Hello People...

I am a second year engineering student. We have induction motors and machines in our course. But the book that has been given for our reference is P.S.Bhimbra (its an Indian author book) . Is it a good book? Can you suggest a few more books. I want a book that has comprehensive content in it. It should have good detailed explanation of all the principles. I really want to get my concepts clear about this subject. Please help fellow ceans....

Replies

• Saijayadeep
    Saijayadeep
    i suggest you to go through b.l.theraja..i think if you are clear about any topic and can answer any sort of question related to the topica which you have studied in that book..whoever may be the author indian or foreign does not matter..all the best
  • pinank
    pinank
    thanks dude..
    that is why i need a few names which are very reliable and concise in the content..

Again thanks for the update
  • v4vineeth
    v4vineeth
    Electrical Machines by JB Gupta is also a good book
  • Arp
    Arp
    if u want to know machines really, i recommend P C sen fitzerald or m g say only. i know u may have difficulty in directly reading m g say. for this read bhimbra first and then m g say or P C sen. hope its more than sufficient
  • steelomatic
    steelomatic
    Electrical Machines: Steady state theory and dynamic performance by Mulukutla S. Sarma
  • Guneet Khanuja
    Guneet Khanuja
    B.L. Thareja, Ashwaaq Hussain. these are very good books.
  • Kastury
    Kastury
    Are you interested in taking Electiric Machine Design as a career? I have 50 years experience in Motor design and I can guide you and coach you if you are very keen. It will be a difficult and hard work. But there are very few professionals in this area - but not a well paying as it is a core industry, unlike Finance or Marketing.
  • pinank
    pinank
    Kastury
    Are you interested in taking Electiric Machine Design as a career? I have 50 years experience in Motor design and I can guide you and coach you if you are very keen. It will be a difficult and hard work. But there are very few professionals in this area - but not a well paying as it is a core industry, unlike Finance or Marketing.
    Thanks for helping out..I am very interested in studying this field.. So as a start from where and what do i study?
  • Kastury
    Kastury
    Start with M G Say's book( Performance and design of AC Machines ).This a classic book. Almost all Indian authors are adapted from this book.Is usually available in secondhand book shops. Amazon search.

Books on the Induction Motor have been written since 1900 - more than 110 years ago.

Google gives you millions of pages.

See company catalogs - Siemens, ABB, Reliance etc.

DO NOT USE ANY SOFTWARE during learning phase = my learning phase is still on after 50 years ! Software is created by an individual with his own limited knowledge.
  • rashidsohail
    rashidsohail
    i show you to go through b.l.theraja..i cerebrate if you are vivid about any subject and can work any category of inquiring direct to the topica which you soul affected in that book..whoever may be the author amerindian or naturalized does not affair
  • Harish Sarma
    Harish Sarma

I am 3rd year student of BE EEE and very much interested in EMD.. Should I go 4 any course after BE.. or Will there be jobs after BE

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, What will be the shape of torque-speed curve in braking quadrant for DC motor? Will it be similar to this curve? Many thanks
Can a garden hose to the stratosphere really keep the planet cool? British to Test Geoengineering Scheme* - Technology Review
Is there any inrush current when a TV, refrigerator or similar equipment is turned on? if yes then how do they reduce it
What is the criteria for getting admission in Harvard school of business??
Samsung Wave 3 has finally arrived in India with a price tag of Rs. 19600. The Wave 3 is the third installation in the popular Samsung Wave series. I've owned...