India to receive biggest salary hikes in 2010

Hong Kong: Companies in Asia are set to offer bigger pay rises next year as the region continues to rebound from global recession, notably in India where base salary levels are poised to jump nearly 10 percent. According to a survey by Hewitt Associates, salaries in Indonesia and China will also surge, by 8.7 percent and 6.7 percent respectively, whereas workers in Japan can expect a paltry 2.1 percent pay rise.

The survey, which covered more than 2,000 local and joint-venture companies in the Asia-Pacific region, also states that salaries or annual guaranteed pay this year in Asia's fast-growing economic powerhouses China and India, at 4.5 percent and 6.3 percent respectively, were the lowest since 2005.

Salaries barely grew at all in Hong Kong and Japan, this year as companies cut staff, reports Reuters. More than 60 percent of companies surveyed in Hong Kong, Japan and Singapore froze wage levels, compared with only 26.1 percent in India and 30.8 percent in China.

Next year, only six percent of companies in India and 8.3 percent in China expect to freeze pay compared with 12-14 percent of companies in Japan, Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.

Replies

• Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Feeling better after reading this.. 😁
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Oh..! thats good.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Oh! Feeling good after reading !!!

Nice post thanks!!
  • yadavundertaker mohit
    yadavundertaker mohit
    hoping that i will also get good salary in 2011.....haha......

To err is human, but the one who rectifies is a champion.

--------------------------------------------
    my blog
    in search of my destiny
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Feeling really good reading it..
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    if only, the people who lost thier jobs are again offered jobs 😀
    its not so good that few have nothing and few have excess of things!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello CEans, Response to CE Colloquium is exceptional 😀. We are currently going through 20 final entries. We had to reject few entries because the contestants did not follow the...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum...colloquium-update-finalists-being-chosen.html in this thread.
Hello friends.. I want to transmit 40 kHZ square wave signal from 89c51RD2 pin over a distance of 25-30 meters and drive an Infrared LED(it requires about 50-100mA current) with...
Hi Can anyone tell me about the scope and work of computer science engineers at Indian Space Research Organization??
Hi I want to know the foreign universities that provide summer training of 2 months after 3rd yr ? please help me out....