important aspects of a multi level car park

hello engineers

my topic for the final year project would be "Design of Multi Level Car Parking (MLCP)". we've already done the planning phase of our project though we have nearly a year to start of. i need you guys to help me by telling what all aspects would be mandatory in the planning of the car park. our MLCP is 8 storeyed and our site considered is a hard stratum with water table at a depth of 6m below the ground level.

the main features of our deign were:

• Shear walls for seismic resistance
  • Sufficient light and ventilation
  • Fire safety
  • Theft security
  • Weather proof façade
  • Ramp (one way split level)
  • Numerous entrance and exits
  • Lift and stairs
  • Hardcrete flooring
  • Power supply room
  • Security rooms

what else would you say is essential in the planning phase:?:

thanks
-CP

Replies

• CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    even new ideas or suggestions regarding my project would be welcome😁

thanks,
    -CP
  • abhitej
    abhitej
    hello princess,
    its nice for u to provide the plan for the car parking in 8 storeyed building ,but why a waste of that much of that much of resources,for such a small project,it had been already developed in foreign countries.but ur idea is always welcomed.and there is no question that it is a good project
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    Thanks abhitej, but i chose the project only because i would have haigh design scope... It is a design project for the final year and not the final year project...😀 so here we have to design the reinforcement details and provide all plans... So i chose this project😀
  • gohm
    gohm
    water dispersal, expansion joints, clearance requirements (height) and identification features (color coding, number & letters,etc.)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It is very well known that China and India both are world's major.Both China and India pursued radically different development strategies. It is also very true that India's annual growth...
Oshkosh, WI -- July 26, 2010: At a press conference today at AirVenture, Terrafugia, Inc., developer of the Transition® Roadable Aircraft, or "Flying Car", released specifications and computer graphics of...
HI all, i'm an italian student, i'm working on a fem metallurgical simulation of a ring ( AISI 4140) normalized after forging and then quenched. I'm having a problem gathering...
Auto irrigation system I am planing to do the project for my final year on auto irrigation and crop management i need to use more than six sensors and display...
Terrafugia held a press conference today at AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin to unveil the next generation design of the Transition® street-legal airplane. The event, where a scale model was unveild,...