Implementation of Forecast Mechanism using Dynamic Data(in Cricket)

Project Abstract / Summary : With billions of followers all around the world, cricket enthusiasts use the internet for variety of reasons to stay updated with the latest happenings in cricket.

The data mining will be performed using "Decision tree”. The project will involve fundamentally 3 types of analyses - generation of association rules, performing clustering and generation of decision trees. This application is built with Oracle or Microsoft SQL server 2005 serving as the database and VB .Net as the frontend. The statistics for different players are retrieved periodically from howstat.com and espncricinfo.com

The project will give us a hands-on experience in analyzing huge masses of data and will actually teach us the value of data mininng.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Data mining is an interesting field of study.As an computer engineer i always liked 'playing with database'.I wanted to learn and implement some of the most useful and currently 'hot' technologies which are used in big IT industries and Data mining is one of them.
Also i heave learned that an engineering student should select such a project domain which he/she is sure to pursue as a career in IT industry when they pass out.Hence I have selected this project which involves analysis of huge database as I want to work on same domain and also master it.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Shree L.R Tiwari College of Engineering
City: Mumbai
State: Maharashatra
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : This project proposes a single-phase seven-level inverter for grid-connected photovoltaic systems, with a novel pulsewidth-modulated (PWM) control scheme. Three reference signals that are identical to...
Project Abstract / Summary : A robo with basic to advanced level of Intelligence, which can follow a given path as map given into his Programmable Memory(EPROM). It can :...
Project Abstract / Summary : In this modern world the major problem facing by the people is the provision of an adequate supply of clean energy without interruption in the...
Project Abstract / Summary : We consider the problem of detecting targets behind walls using radar imaging technology. An imagedomain based detection technique is proposed that allows to adapt to...
Project Abstract / Summary : Magnetic levitation train is a method of transportation that uses magnetic levitation to carry vehicles with magnets rather than with wheels, axles and bearings. With...