IIT Graduates Being Recruited in Flipkart, Snapdeal, YeBhi etc - What is the motivation?

All the e-commerce companies like Flipkart, Snapdeal, Fashion and You, Healthkart and Yebhi are being talked about every now and then. And now it is in news that the IIT grads are looking forward to work in Indian firms and are being attracted to these companies. Flipkart has recruited around 120 IIT graduates. 40% of the 50 people in the tech team at Fashion and You are from IITs. Snapdeal recruited over 40 engineering graduates from IIT Kanpur, Roorkee, Madras, Delhi, Bombay, Kharagpur and Bangalore this year.

I think the real reason behind the motivation to join these startups is the freedom that engineering graduates are getting to take independent decisions and the opportunities to innovate in various fields at once; be it core engineering, analytics, product development and marketing.

What do you think?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, i am a final year engineering student from delhi college of engineering, pursuing my graduation in electronics nd communication engineering. currently working as a programmer for the royal bank...
Hi Engineers I am Kartik Somani, currently working as Software Engineer at Geometric Ltd., Mumbai. I am B.Tech in computer science and engineering. Looking forward to an active participation in...
Hi.. Currently I'm working in a support based project (but the work is that of software development and customization). I want to work in the field of core computer science....
Bhumik Mehta i done with my MBA and i like to Share with you my Case Studies...
i want do electrical project... so i want new and innovative ideas