IE9 beta is Good! But I'm staying with Chrome!

Microsoft released the beta version of its latest offering - IE9. Those who want to try it, head over to : #-Link-Snipped-#

The IE9 installer (about 2.4mb in size) took about 40 seconds to download on my broadband and another 3-4 minutes to download the complete software. After installation was complete; the installer asked me to restart my computer 😒 , configured the updates and the software was ready to go. I noticed that the IE9 beta has replaced the default IE9 on my setup (Vista 32 bit).

IE9 is extremely fast in loading! I guess even faster than Chrome. IE9 team has put in many remarkable features adopted from Chrome and FireFox. I tried loading various popular blogs and sites and noticed that IE9 does a good job as well.

There's only one address bar that also acts as search bar (default bing.com) and opens new sites in new tabs adjacent to it.

I however am still impressed by the simplicity of Chrome. If Microsoft continues to work on IE9 I think IE9 will be a good competition to FF & Chrome.

I'm sticking to Chrome for the time being. If you've tried IE9, post your reviews, comments and opinion in this thread!

Replies

• rishi0922
    rishi0922
    IE9 is not getting installed in Win XP ????
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    XP doesnt support IE9!! Its good news!
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    But why it's a good news ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just hope people get rid of IE6 now. 😐
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    I find something wrong with IE9 and GMAIL compatibility :-|.
    Every time I draft a mail, and try sending it - A new window opens up ( blank) and my mail doesnot go beyond "Still Working ... Cancel" status.meh! Not good

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plzz send me the list of .net companies in chandigarh which provide taining for freshers....
Would streamers and other things that move with the wind discourage wasps from building their nests near them? What would be a good design for a streamer that would whip...
Hey Guys, If you are Mobile App Developer, Here is a chance to showcase your App in front of 1000+ live audience at Mobile Developer Summit 2010 in Bangalore, India...
I'm looking for a live energy monitoring device that aggregates Kw use every second and can relay it over the web or using CDMA or... Kind of like this device...
Ceans, Can anybody tell me about USB Phones used in organization? I search on internet but got very little info about how is being used in any corporate.