IDoc Errors in SAP - What is IDoc, Inbound Processing And IDoc Status

IDoc stands for Intermediate Document in SAP. It is nothing but a SAP Document format that is used for Business transaction data transfers.
For us technical people, we can understand it by saying that IDoc has a purpose similar to that of XML.
Both are used for data exchange and automation in computer systems, but the IDoc-Technology takes a different approach.

An IDoc consists of -

Control record - It defines the type of IDoc, port of the partner, release of SAP R/3 which produced the IDoc etc.
Data records - A SD order can have any number of items)
Status records - It contains messages like 'IDoc created', 'The recipient exists', 'IDoc was successfully passed to the port', 'Could not book the invoice because.'

If you are creating an IDoc error report -

You might see the following two status messages -
IDoc status 51 - "Application document not posted"
IDoc status 52 - " Application document not fully posted"
IDoc status 63 - "Error passing IDoc to application"

Here is a list of transactions, you can use to understand -
  • WE02 - IDoc List report
This report can be used to display and edit IDocs.
  • WE19 - The IDoc document should not get proceesed.
  • WE20 - Partner Profile
This transaction determines a processing code based on the partner profile identified by the control record of the IDoc.
  • WE21 - Ports in IDoc processing
This transaction identifies an external port (RFC, File, ABAP-PI, etc.) that controls the IDoc flow to an external system.
  • WE30 - IDoc Type Development
  • WE31 - Development IDoc Segment
  • WE32 - Development IDoc View
  • WE41 - Outbound process code
This transaction links an outbound processing code specified in a partner profile to a function module.
  • WE42 - Inbound process code
This transaction links an inbound processing code specified in a partner profile to a function module.
  • BD87 - Inbound processing

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

India’s leading direct satellite television provider Tata Sky has announced its live TV streaming service titled ‘Everywhere TV’. On its official website it mentions about apps for iPhone and iPad...
Indian people now have a Google Street View alternative. Launched on 15th October and called WoNoBo.com, it is India's city-by-city travel and local guide that offers a 360 degree view...
Hello all I'm attending a course about computer architectures, and in the course material it is written that in the deprecated model of parallel machines used to launch instructions that...
My phone (like me) is nowhwhere near smart. Those who do have a smart phone and time to kill this may be an interesting exercise: https://www.instructables.com/id/10-Minute-Mini-3D-Projection/?ALLSTEPS
HCL has a series of HCL Me products that it launches with a set of target audience in mind. This time around it has come up with the HCL ME...