Identifying Diesel / Petrol Engine By visual inspection

How can we diff four wheeler's petrol & diesel engine by visually....

Replies

• SYED BASEERULLAH
    SYED BASEERULLAH
    Its simple. Mostly diesel engines are compression ignition and petrol engines are spark ignited one. If you see a spark plug its petrol engine or else it would be diesel engine.But still there is a complication that now researches are going on to manufacture a petrol engine which works on compression ignition. but conventional engines are as said above.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    The presence of fins in the engine compartment also differentiates them apart as Diesel engines have and petrol does not
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    diesel engines will have injectors and hose pipes running from them.

petrol engines will have spark plugs, plug cap, and thick electric cables running from them.
  • Manish Tomar
    Manish Tomar
    n.kirubhakaran
    Diesel engine will have an individual fuel injectors of each cylinder... you can see a series of fuel injectors at the top of each cylinder whereas in petrol engine which is spark ignited there will be no such fuel injectors present... spark plugs will be present over there 😀
  • Manish Tomar
    Manish Tomar
    n.kirubhakaran

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello guys, please suggest me some very good n innovative project idea for BTech level , which includes bluetooth module interfacing with lpc 2148 i.e. ARM7.
Cryptext is the next online event of Technovanza 2013 after myst. In this game,each round will have a number of encoded texts and you will have to decode it to...
I wish to know how does an anti-virus software scan so many files quickly for viruses? I wish to know how the antivirus software works.
what is the demand for vlsi, which receives the highest saraly is vlsi or embedded
Can someone tell me what is the difference between the regular antivirus scan and the scan it performs at the boot time?