IBM’s Watson Offers Cognitive Computing To Masses

IBM’s Watson supercomputing platform did make a grand first impression with its launch in the real world, spanning expertise in assessing financial risk at the Citi to aiding oncologists towards the right diagnosis at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center. Now the supercomputer shall be rolled out to the masses as a customer service agent called IBM Watson Engagement Advisor, that’s particularly developed to connect customers with the information they require on multiple businesses- few of which include Australian finance house ANZ, Media ratings-maker Nielson, and the Royal Bank of Canada. With cognitive computing help added to customer service transactions, it’s now a real smooth customer service transaction process with Watson’s unique skills like its ability to understand context and its ability to learn with time, which shall let it render more insightful and meaningful replies than a normal web-based search engine can ever offer.

All this it can do owing to the design that closely resembles a human brain, so when a search engine finds certain bits and pieces of the text on the Internet, Watson scrambles even through the unstructured data by understanding both the tone of your question and the context of text surrounding the answer you require, wherever it is present on the web, and in whichever language, thus adding meaning to the response. Also, Watson learns as it goes, so when it’s working with you and your financial planner, it makes sure to remember all answers that you’ve answered to each of the planner’s questions. Moreover, it even records your opinion of global economy. So when the next time you seek an answer from your advisor for a particular question, Watson wows you both by churning out an answer immediately.

slide

Apart from the customer service assistant, IBM’s directly launching an “Ask Watson” feature to the masses that’s help them through various channels like email, chat and text. With 135 million+ customer service related calls unresolved every year, Watson could come out as a positive stress reliever for call center agencies in resolving these issues.

IBM has stated that the first Watson-powered consumer app shall emerge later this year, and we’re deeply interested in checking out how this revolutionary platform changes the way customer service is attended. What do you think of Watson? Do reply in comments below.

Source: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• adinickluv
    adinickluv
    Wow!! That's amazing !! That is a major step-up in the utilization of Watson!! I really excited and eagerly waiting to use this Ask Watson!!

I'm a great fan of Watson the Super Computer!!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am trying to learn Embedded Linux & the process is getting worse day-by-day.I have too many questions in my mind regarding Kernel,bootloader,gdb,toolchains & the list doesn't stops. Well, I...
After the recent launch at the Google I/O Conference, one of Google's really cool feature called the 'Conversation Search' is now live. Though a silent launch, this new feature is...
how to get permission for grid connected solar plant? please reply and please tell full details. Plaese reply.......
The Solowheel may well be smallest, greenest, most convenient "People Mover" ever invented. This gyro-stabilized electric unicycle is compact and fun to ride but at nearly US$2000 heavy on the...
https://nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/072/B-1B Pilot Station.html