Is It Possible To Learn Embedded Linux Without Attending Any Workshop ?

I am trying to learn Embedded Linux & the process is getting worse day-by-day.I have too many questions in my mind regarding Kernel,bootloader,gdb,toolchains & the list doesn't stops.

Well, I can post my queries in the forums but mostly my questions get unanswered.
So, I tried to meet some professors,embedded-developers,graduates here in Ahmedabad & finally I got to know one thing that :In Ahmedabad there's no good institute which can teach you Embedded Linux! Aww man, that's so disheartening.

I know most will say that "You got freaking internet!",yeah! that's good when you wanna learn something basic. But internet doesn't provide all the answers to my queries.

Okay so here's something i wanna ask to fellow CEans:
- Is it possible to Understand Embedded Linux from internet ? I mean from N00b to pr0 to super-dope OP EL Engineer using internet resources ?
- Can someone suggest me some nice books (which includes real-world approach) which can help me to start & understand every minor details of EL.
- Anyone knows institutes in Gujarat (Ahmedabad is preferred) which can parse me some knowledge-binaries to my brain-registers ?
- Any one know good forum/community dedicated to Embedded Linux from where I can communicate with Veteran Embedded Linux Engineers ?

Well,sometimes I wish it would've been better if I was born in Pune or Bangalore or Hyderabad. There are soooo many good institutes there.

Anyways, don't ignore this post & do reply if you know anything from my above questions.
Thank you.

Replies

• oprime
    oprime
    What exactly did you mean by Embedded Linux?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Embedded linux is Linux - so you always have access to source code. If you can read code, you can pick it on your own. Maemo on N900 is an example. They have an active community at talk.maemo.org.
  • avii
    avii
    You can absolutely learn on your own & become an expert. All it needs is passion & hard work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

After the recent launch at the Google I/O Conference, one of Google's really cool feature called the 'Conversation Search' is now live. Though a silent launch, this new feature is...
how to get permission for grid connected solar plant? please reply and please tell full details. Plaese reply.......
The Solowheel may well be smallest, greenest, most convenient "People Mover" ever invented. This gyro-stabilized electric unicycle is compact and fun to ride but at nearly US$2000 heavy on the...
https://nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/072/B-1B Pilot Station.html
https://cr4.globalspec.com/blogentry/22484/Top-10-Time-Killers?frmtrk=cr4digest