I dont need IPAD..

do you guys feel you need?
Desktops have evolved into Laptops and laptops to notebooks and then we have tablet PCs ,which fit somewhere in the evolution process. If you see , everything does the same thing, powerful computation. Understand possession of a laptop is justified, but having too many choices for same functionality :-|?
..and IPAD? its a league of its own. It was meant to be a Kindle-killer but apart from PDF reader, apps ( same as in itouch and iphone), wifi feature what exactly is new what we as consumers are being offered?

I might be sounding like a oldie , but when necessity is mother of invention- where actually are we meeting the necessity to invent -evolve anything new??

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, even Bill G had said that in future you may never need memory more than 64k, right? 😉

See, I believe iPad has more 'Want' factor than 'Need'. Of course, you can get everything done without it; but you surely 'want' to have one. One must clearly understand the difference between need and want. People always end up paying more for things they 'want' than on stuff they 'need'!

I remember saying "Who needs video in phone?" , but three days ago, I found myself watching one while traveling in a train. What you don't 'need' today might just become a part of your life tomorrow.

*I might be sounding like an oldie*
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    dude. you are talking about applications , when camera was introduced in mobile - I thought " alright!? what will happen to digital camera??" anyways, but we are going on rounds , IPAD I feel is redundant a bigger version of Itouch.
    Strangely, I feel everything what is coming up is redundant. See Iphone OS 4 , a new feature called folders has been introduced, not that I am diverting from current discussion but see, all the phone previously had all these applications n applications folders right?Apple came up with apps :-|, which are again the applications and now they have introduced folders, i mean when are we going in rounds? why are we not going linearly and do something new?
    we are done with laptop,we are done with MP3 killers, cant we come up with OTHER devices and move ahead?
  • gohm
    gohm
    I don't even need a cell phone let alone these! =)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've been hearing complaints form many students who have been hired by companies; but haven't yet received joining letters. What about you? Tell us your status. Which company has hired...
This post is for the guest users of CE who haven't yet registered and activated their account on CE. I'm wondering what's stopping you from filling out a simple registration...
This is a little hack that lifehacker found - Skype lets people call any toll free number in US & Canada for free. Google's GOOG-411 directory service is a toll-free...
post here some of your cool experiences while in campus and in your professional life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!😁
hello new members! i am also new to this site and i learnt that it is the most clean and useful site i have ever found! rules are clearly explained...