HP Vayu Internet Device Aka Set Top Box Features

HP Labs India has launched an innovative set top box that connects to your regular or HDTV and lets you browse Internet in an incredibly easy way. HP calls it 'Vayu Internet Device' and it's an easy way for the elders in your home to connect to the Internet. Since the device is still with the HP labs, it's not clear what ports and connectivity options it offers. Based on times of India's report following are the specs and features of this set top box -

1. Vayu connects to any regular or HDTV and lets you access Internet on your TV.
2. Various operations can be performed using remote control.
3. Vayu lets you connect keyboard and mouse to it to use it as a regular PC.
4. The operating system, as we learn, is UNIX. We do not know full details yet.
5. There are pre-installed apps to check weather, train status, stock prices etc.
6. The VInD can be paired with mobile devices for innovative use. For example, once paired with a mobile, user can send text messages to and from the device & mobile.
7. There's a Zigbee module as well, which will let you monitor objects around the Vayu Device for physical movement. This can be incredibly useful in remote security. If the VInD detects motion, it will quickly alert the paired mobile number through text message.

hp-vayu-internet-device-vind
Image Credit: Times Of India

How & Where To Buy HP Vayu In India?

The best thing about Vayu is that it costs only $100 (Rs. 5000 approx.). But check your enthusiasm. HP is not yet decided the retail price of the device and it's also not clear when and how will HP launch this device for consumers. We'll of course keep you updated about the latest developments on HP Vayu. In the mean time, do tell me what do you think about Vayu.

Do you think it will be popular among Indian consumers? If yes, what price do you think will be the best for this device?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No one wants to comment on this? 😴

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We haven't had really challenging logic based puzzles on CE. If someone can post a puzzle, I'd like to give it a try. Come on, bring it on! 😎
Many of us may have an habit of listening to favorite music while doing some work. I saw these kind of thread in so many websites. So why can't we...
MIT scientists at CSAIL have devised new algorithms to send big video files wirelessly through your Smartphone- Here is the breakthrough Fourier Transforms Set To Become Faster @ SODA
Following are the salient points of the minimum hardware requirements for a Windows 8 operating system based tablet. I'm curious to know your take on it. ARM based tablets won't...
Google+ may attract frowny eyes for their 'must have real names' policy. But the Government of China has gone a step ahead and made it mandatory for all the microbloggers...