How To Port Forward My RPi IP ?

I have purchased domain, and changed nameservers to namecheap free ddns. 'Till now everything is cool, I have configured ddclient to automate the task of dynamic IP thingy.

Now, the big obstacle (for me) is Port forwarding. How to port forward my RPi IP ?
Screenshot from 2015-10-31 08-05-42

If I am going to publish blog, I guess local port should be 80 (I am not sure though). I will change the local IP to one of ArkOS. But what is Port Range and Source IP ? What to fill in Source IP & Port Range ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm bit lost, what is it that you are actually trying to do? My best guess is that you're planning to host all your blog files on your machine and make them available on the Internet?

A little more explanation would certainly help.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm bit lost, what is it that you are actually trying to do? My best guess is that you're planning to host all your blog files on your machine and make them available on the Internet?
    Exactly!

Kaustubh Katdare
    A little more explanation would certainly help.
    I have registered domain name.
    I was looking for freeDNS and namecheap offers it to me, so I setup that too. Since, I am hosting from home, the IP ain't static. So, I have configured arkOS with ddclient which refreshes the database in namecheap everytime it changes, so I don't have to configure everysingle time.
    Now comes part of port forwarding, in which I am so much confused.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Strange. Why'd you want to do that? Why not simply map a free wordpress.com or tumblr to your new domain? I mean, there are no benefits of hosting stuff on your local machine for the Internet.

Or is there a specific use-case you have in mind?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Strange. Why'd you want to do that? Why not simply map a free wordpress.com or tumblr to your new domain? I mean, there are no benefits of hosting stuff on your local machine for the Internet.

Or is there a specific use-case you have in mind?
    1) To have control over my data.
    2) To understand and learn practically how things work.
    3) I have couple of development boards lying at home, I shall use one for some purpose.
    4) I might host chat server CE.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Update : Alright! I have finally setup ArkOS as server!
    An article incoming 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Swipe Telecom has been steadily capturing the Indian market share and its latest smartphone is called the 'Swipe Elite 2' - a super affordable 4G smartphone with the power of...
Although most of the websites today have that feature of ‘skip ad’, most of us netizens are well aware of how even a few seconds of the advertisement running time...
Lenovo has announced the launch of its two premium Windows 10 convertible laptops called the new YOGA 700 which are available in sizes: 11 and 14 inch. These laptops can...
What you need : - Raspberry Pi / Raspberry Pi 2 / Cubieboard2 / Cubietruck - Sdcard to install ArkOS in it. - Another desktop/Laptop to access Genesis GUI -...
Background: I happen to live in a Delhi NCR Condo where there is 24 hour power back up. There are frequent power cuts, voltage drops and fluctuations. While the power...