How to make online html editor

How can we make onine html editor

What knowledge do we need for that
In which lanuage it is coded

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Unless it's a study-project, I recommend downloading FCK Editor: #-Link-Snipped-#

Open Source has solutions for almost everything, you see ๐Ÿ˜€

Anyway, if you want to make it on your own you'll need -

1. HTML
    2. CSS
    3. JavaScript
    4. PHP/ASP etc.
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I'm no expert, but wouldn't AJAX make life a whole lot better (for the user, not the programmer!!)??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I was talking of a simple HTML editor. AJAX wold add lot of pizza to the editor for sure ๐Ÿ˜‰. However, I'm not sure 'AJAX' would fit the bill.
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    Yes Ajax will make such online editor cool.
    HTML/CSS/JAVA SCRIPT
    J2EE

enough ๐Ÿ˜€
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Can you tell a little ground knowledge of what actually is its functioning like..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sarveshgupta
    Can you tell a little ground knowledge of what actually is its functioning like..
    Didn't get you.

The editor that you see on CE when your hit 'Post Reply' button should give you an idea. The one we use on CE is quite an advanced one ๐Ÿ˜Ž.
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    I want to ask that its fine that i should these things

But I want to know how to start coding for this i mean I am not able to understand what type of controls or commands are needed in making an editor for html like the one on w3schools check this out
    W3Schools Tryit Editor

can you give some example commands
    such as how to create a frame or anything like that

How is this editor working i mean how the code is getting executed to show the output on the same page?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Are you familiar with HTML, CSS, JavaScript and other languages mentioned above? If not, it would be better if you go through these languages.

Of course, you should start with basic controls - bold, italics, underline etc and add more functionality.

However, building HTML editor first needs deep knowledge of HTML and modern CSS techniques, else browser compatibility will be a huge issue.
  • itchap
    itchap
    sarveshgupta
    I want to ask that its fine that i should these things

But I want to know how to start coding for this i mean I am not able to understand what type of controls or commands are needed in making an editor for html like the one on w3schools check this out
    W3Schools Tryit Editor

can you give some example commands
    such as how to create a frame or anything like that

How is this editor working i mean how the code is getting executed to show the output on the same page?

I suggest for u is download Dreaweaver IDE. Which have the inbuilt controls for many languages like Html,jsp,Asp,PHP. U just need to pick and drop controls on form and the code will generate at background.

But remember one thing that code will only show u the html part of page. Rest of the coding u have to do. Means if u r using PHP language then u have to write code for PHP.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys I'm doing this project of harvesting electricity from vibrations using piezo ceramics... and for this i need the input vibrations to be as close to the natural frequency...
Exxon announced they will be committed to R&D for biofuel generation from algae investing $600 million. here's a link to a New York Times article: https://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/14/business/energy-environment/14fuel.html
What DC voltage I will get if I rectify 3 phase AC (230V phase to phase) without using Neutral : using a bridge rectifier (MEB00806)?
Hi All, I have designed a code generator in matlab, I need to build a simulink model of that code generator. Can anyone help me in this. I can send...
hi everybody!! what is the functioning of mosfet drivers? when are mosfet drivers used?๐Ÿ˜•