what is the functioning of mosfet drivers? when are mosfet drivers used?😕

Replies

• kamal.deepak
    kamal.deepak
    Pranjali Desai
    hi everybody!!
    what is the functioning of mosfet drivers? when are mosfet drivers used?😕
    Hi.

Driver is a power amplifier that accepts a low-power input from a controller IC and produces the appropriate high-current gate drive for a power MOSFET.
    A gate driver is used when a pulsewidth-modulation (PWM) controller
    cannot provide the output current required to drive the gate capacitance of the associated MOSFET. Gate drivers may be implemented as dedicated ICs, discrete transistors, or transformers. They can also be integrated within a controller IC. Partitioning the gate-drive function off the PWM controller allows the controller to run cooler and be more stable by eliminating the high peak currents and heat dissipation needed to drive a power MOSFET at very high frequencies.😎​

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

we have selected a project which will start computer at specific time and start downloading specific file from internet .After downloading file ,file will be saved and computer will shut...
Hi friends..! My name is Sudheer doing final year mechanical BE in Koneru Lakshmaiah College of Engineering. I am from vijayawada. Andhra Pradesh. I joined this site through google search...
Hi CE Here i want to disscuss the new topic that Can we trace or get moment of any computer ? By any method? This is not a JUNK or...
Hai buddies, here are some interesting topics where we can give either seminar or do mini project... 1.) Advances in automobiles--> 4 wheel steering, VVTi, twin disc brake system, distribution...
Suggest a Good Book to prepare for Competitive Exams Hi Friends, I'm an electrical engineering graduate, planning to prepare for various Competitive exams. I'm looking for a good book(good author)...