how to make a robot........

hey im newbie here...i m about to join my college in few days. i have taken up metallurgy at VNIT nagpur. There will be a lot of fests there. So i have heard a lot about people making robots.Please tell me how can i make robots from scratch.Please give details as im new . where should i start from?? i want to take part in fests and all. please help me..hoping for a good time at CE.

Replies

• TARANJEET SINGH
    TARANJEET SINGH
    Hi gingerlyspicy,
    So if you are new to this, it'd be better if you just start with making an remote control car (basic in robotics).
    Just PM me or mail me at #-Link-Snipped-# if you need help in that....
    have a nice day! 😀
  • gingerlyspicy
    gingerlyspicy
    thnx..more replies plz...sir i have mailed u plz check..
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    start with a wired mechanical robot!
    use 4 motors(as wheels of the robot...just like a car) then attach them with 5 volts (or 12 volts) of supply, but place switches inbetween, to control the wheels(the locomotion of ur robot)...fix the body of the robot as u desire...and voila! u have done it!! 😉

advice - use LOOOONG wires, only 2 switches are sufficient and don't make it look too complicated coz the mission here is to learn, not to confuse urself!

in the later stages, u can add various mechanisms to ur bot (robot)...for instance if u wanna lift something, u can have the spoon mechanism, or the crane mechanism, etc.,

have fun!
    ^_<
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Hello,

If you are interested in robotics and don't know where to start.
    You should watch some videos and read tutorials/articles on the internet about the same.

Nobody can spoon feed you about robotics.

You can also start by attending a workshop in you locality.
    I heard iLabs (Check their website #-Link-Snipped-#) is a good institute in Nagpur.

Do let us know what you are starting with as your first robotics project. All the best. 😉
  • gingerlyspicy
    gingerlyspicy
    actually now im not in nagpur.....im in delhi (DTU formerly DCE)....actually i am planning to make my first bot..please see this..
    #-Link-Snipped-# please see my last post and help me 😔

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

We've had a guest post on VoiCE by Pawan Prabhat. About Pawan - The article is written by Pawan Prabhat. Pawan is a director with Pristine and alumnus of IIT...
CEans, It is unfortunate that I'm being forced to write this post. Being engineers, I initially assumed that our members would know how to ask questions. However, there is a...
hello engineers my topic for the final year project would be "Design of Multi Level Car Parking (MLCP)". we've already done the planning phase of our project though we have...
It is very well known that China and India both are world's major.Both China and India pursued radically different development strategies. It is also very true that India's annual growth...
Oshkosh, WI -- July 26, 2010: At a press conference today at AirVenture, Terrafugia, Inc., developer of the Transition® Roadable Aircraft, or "Flying Car", released specifications and computer graphics of...