CrazyEngineers
  • hello friends. is it actually possible that we directly get onto the windows desktop without actually entering the password(even if that is required i.e.
    password must be entered before loging in).
    this seems to be tough to be known to someone,but if u know thats secret
    please do tell me.
    and i must tell you that it is possible as one of the guy in my college did that
    but he do't want to tell.so please find the solution..
    Replies
Howdy guest!
Dear guest, you must be logged-in to participate on CrazyEngineers. We would love to have you as a member of our community. Consider creating an account or login.
Replies
  • Jerry

MemberFeb 3, 2007

Re: can we directly jump in the windows without actually writing the password?

To the best of my knowledge, you cannot login unless you know the password. This is true at least for a networked machine, where the system can be locked. Your friend either has administrator rights on your computer or he simply knows your password.

Jerry
    Are you sure? This action cannot be undone.
    Cancel
  • devesh

MemberFeb 3, 2007

Jerry
    To the best of my knowledge, you cannot login unless you know the password. This is true at least for a networked machine, where the system can be locked. Your friend either has administrator rights on your computer or he simply knows your password.

Jerry
    what u said ,i agree with that but he did entered the windows directly just by using the combo of certain keys,and i dont know how....
    Cancel
  • desijays

MemberFeb 17, 2007

i don't know if i can post the entire solution here. am not taking any chances.

i'll give you a hint though.

"pwDump"

have fun 😉
    Cancel
  • devesh

MemberFeb 17, 2007

hey desijay,please answer that question in detail.
    that would be a great help to others also.
    if engineers are not going to know it ,then who else?
    Cancel
  • crook

MemberFeb 17, 2007

devesh
    hey desijay,please answer that question in detail.
    that would be a great help to others also.
    if engineers are not going to know it ,then who else?
    Devesh, pwDump is a utility that grabs windows passwords from a remote machine. But I think you need admin login in order to have this utility running on target machine. Once done, you can have the passwords delivered on your machine hassle free.
    Cancel
  • cmdr_skywalker

MemberApr 2, 2007

Check out the following website: How to turn on automatic logon in Windows XP (#-Link-Snipped-#) Hope this helps. If you have any more questions, please send email to #-Link-Snipped-# since I seldom visit forums unless I am looking for an answer 😀.
    Cancel
Home Channels Search Login Register