How to interface speech recognition using a PC to control a robot?

Hey there brilliant Engineers or soon to be engineers out there. I would like to ask whether is it possible to interface speech recognition technique to control a robot via a computer which can be desktop or laptop. Cause from what I found out so far it seems as though most people would use some sort of a speech kit. I'm currently in my final semester of my diploma and this is part of my final year project. Can I have some inputs here? Because if we were to use the speech kit instead it would most probably exceed our project budget.

Replies

• Gopi R Sweet
    Gopi R Sweet
    hey use VB(visual basic ) software install in your pc and install speach recaganising software program in vb and using micrphone get the output and connect ur robot using RS232 port which is available in ur pc
  • Kabian
    Kabian
    So that means the VB can actually interface with the speech recognition program? Can I choose to use the Dragon NaturallySpeaking instead of the Windows one? Well, our project is not actually a robot but its actually somewhat a prototype of a car to switch the power side mirror and also the LED signal on only. Sounds pretty simple but the hard part is we're figuring out on how to integrate it with the speech recognition. So VB works?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a collection of project ideas for Cryptography related mini project ideas for computer science or IT students. 1. Command line interface for crypto functionality 2. Action history view...
This is video I stumbled upon today which clears the various misconceptions related with Gorilla Glass, or better, scratch resistant glass. Along with the strengths and weaknesses of this product,...
If you go back in time, you will find that our system didn't need the young ones to take career decisions. For example, a cobbler's son becomes a cobbler. A...
India Auto Expo 2013 is arguably the Region’s Largest Automotive Show boasting of the latest technological products, components, vehicles and is also a launch pad for new and future vehicles...
am ajay insha from hisar. now am in final year b.tech, mechanical trade......... am a smart, intelligent , honest student.......... am intresting in game.. also engg. ... question,,,,,,, project,,,,,, and...