CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@Sudha Warad • 23 Jan, 2012
Hello everybody, i'm facing problem while installing IIS(Internet information Server) on Windows XP SP3, the error message is "setup was unable to open information file ims.inf
Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0*2 at line 0". Please suggest me any solution.
@Kaustubh Katdare • 23 Jan, 2012 From my experience, such errors occur when the INF files are corrupt. Check this relevant discussion: https://forums.iis.net/t/1179139.aspx on IIS official forum.
@Sudha Warad • 23 Jan, 2012 Yeah sir, I guess some INF files are corrupted. I'll repair the OS and try installing IIS again.
@pradeep.pawar • 25 Jan, 2012 INSERT THE XP CD IN YOUR CD DRIVE AND WHEN THE XP CD OPENS SELLECT MOTE OPTION AND YOU GET TO INSTALL IIS THERE
@pradeep.pawar • 25 Jan, 2012 SORRY MORE OPTIONS
@pradeep.pawar • 25 Jan, 2012 PLACE A CHECK MARK ON IT CLICK NEXT AND THEN INSTALL
@Sudha Warad • 25 Jan, 2012 • 1 like Thank you, now IIS is working fine after repairing it.
7.1k views

Related Posts

@vadhiv · Feb 19, 2009

hi 2 all and i have some general doubts pl ease clarify 1)explain the diff b/w relay ,switch and circuit breaker 2) give with real time practical examples for easily...
8.2k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 5, 2015

ISRO has released a free eBook about India's Space Journey, titled 'From Fishing Hamlet To Red Planet', edited by P.V. Manoranjan Rao along with associate editors B.N. Suresh and V.P....
8.1k views

@Satya Swaroop Dash · Apr 9, 2014

Ever since Microsoft acquired Nokia, people started speculating that Nokia would stop creating feature phones and concentrate on its smartphone line up but Nokia has since then put an end...
6.3k views

@Abhishek Rawal · Nov 1, 2014

You heard it right. This is the application developed by few awesome devs which will let you download any app's apk directly on PC. Source : https://codingteam.net/project/googleplaydownloader/download/file/googleplaydownloader-1.4.tar.gz Go compile !!!
7.7k views

@Radhika Deshpande · Oct 9, 2017

Born in a middle class, conservative, South Indian family in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, Chitra Ramaswamy always found her education and academics at the center-stage throughout her growing up years. Her father's...
3.7k views