How to install IIS on windows XP with and without CD

Hello everybody, i'm facing problem while installing IIS(Internet information Server) on Windows XP SP3, the error message is "setup was unable to open information file ims.inf
Contact your system administrator. The specific error code is 0*2 at line 0". Please suggest me any solution.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From my experience, such errors occur when the INF files are corrupt. Check this relevant discussion: #-Link-Snipped-# on IIS official forum.
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    Yeah sir, I guess some INF files are corrupted. I'll repair the OS and try installing IIS again.
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    INSERT THE XP CD IN YOUR CD DRIVE AND WHEN THE XP CD OPENS SELLECT MOTE OPTION AND YOU GET TO INSTALL IIS THERE
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    SORRY MORE OPTIONS
  • pradeep.pawar
    pradeep.pawar
    PLACE A CHECK MARK ON IT CLICK NEXT AND THEN INSTALL
  • Sudha Warad
    Sudha Warad
    Thank you, now IIS is working fine after repairing it.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Name: Pranav *Engineering Trade: Comp Sci Location: Thane , Maharashtra *Occupation: Student *Hobbies & Interests: reading *Aim in life: To keep learning new stuff everyday about many subjects in general...
Can you cool any object by heating it? Well, scientists can! Optomechanics : Semiconductor Supercooled By Heating!
can anyone help me out to know the advancement or recent updates in stepper motor, i know there is a micro stepping motor. is there any advancement in it, after...
Hi everyone.Someone please help me solve this problem.I am stucked,really.This is actually part 2 of a question where part one is already solved by getting the equation needed to draw...
hi everyone..................... I am unnimaya I am pursuing engineering in electronics and communication field and am a sixth sem student.