How to improve programming skills

how i can improve my programming language c in few months..

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    dinky
    how i can improve my programming language c in few months..
    The only tried and tested way of improving your programming skills is to start work on projects by your own and have the 'I'll fix it' attitude. No programming book, then, is required. My friend went from zero to hero in PHP programming in flat 6 months and he did not refer any book. When I asked him how he did it; he said had I began reading a book on programming, I'd still be reading it without achieving any success.

...and that's really true! If you really want to improve your programming skills in any language; just start working on a simple project and keep expanding it as you achieve your goals. Seek help from everywhere you can. Be genuinely interested in programming and the world will look super cool to you.
  • optimystix@
    optimystix@
    First try wid Basic Program like addn average n all atlest try one program a day n use let us C book written by ravindra kanitkar
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    The_Big_K
    The only tried and tested way of improving your programming skills is to start work on projects by your own and have the 'I'll fix it' attitude. No programming book, then, is required. My friend went from zero to hero in PHP programming in flat 6 months and he did not refer any book. When I asked him how he did it; he said had I began reading a book on programming, I'd still be reading it without achieving any success.

...and that's really true! If you really want to improve your programming skills in any language; just start working on a simple project and keep expanding it as you achieve your goals. Seek help from everywhere you can. Be genuinely interested in programming and the world will look super cool to you.

I partially agree to BigK in this case.
    any language oriented programing which is written by good authors, is something which I recommend if you are a total newbie to programing .In your case I recommend C-Programing Language.

There are few reasons for this.
    1)It helps you to get syntax right.
    2)It helps in knowing a language formalities and capabilities.
    3)It helps in getting the feel of the language you coding in. There is a famous quote which is something like this, "If a language/technology doesnt change the way of your coding, then there is no use of coding in it" (I am not too sure about the words, but I hope you grab the essence).
    4)You start off in a structured manner. By this I mean, you would come to know things in proper order. Refer any book, it will have chapter on data types before pointers. This is very important, while programing, it is necessary to use proper tools in situations.

Saying this, I dont mean you would master or even be good programmer by reading a book.
    A book should be treated like supplement. Just like body builders use supplements,its good for them but not at expense of their diet and regular hard work otherwise supplements are pretty useless.

If you want to develop your coding skills, you first judge yourself on what level of programming you currently are.
    Then go in the following order:
    1)Know the syntax.
    2)Know how/where to code and use which datastructures.
    3)Know how/where to code which algorithms.
    4)Learn to write recursive programs, they would increase your logical thinking ability.
    5)Write snippets, its good to start with hello world.
    6)Try to think where you can use operators.People which designed programing language are very smart(You can guess this from the fact that C is still not outdated), every keyword/operator is there for a reason, try to find it.
    7)Write as many programs as possible.
    8)Show your work and Ask doubts if you are stuck.

Improving is life long process...dont keep a dead line for improving if you are really passionate programmer.

BTW you can read the c programing tutorial if you want to which is on this forum.
    Take care.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

It's really good to reject C++ from first Year Syllabus Of Mumbai University?
As its a rainy season all engineers might be sitting home with their head in the piles of book and watching the rain drops falling as if they bored of...
Could the war between Apple and Samsung Seriously Affect Users? What role will it play when look back at the technology industry a few decades from now? What do CEans...
Can any one say about what is meant me google wave?
guys according to all of you what do u people think are the best schemes for protection of power systems??cn u give me a idea...if it is in the form...