How To Improve Programming Logic?

I am a programmer. I love to write code, but many times i fall short of logical skills. I am not too good in logic , and new creative ideas don't come often. ๐Ÿ˜• How to increase creativity in programming without help of pre-defined code and book examples.

Replies

• BCA_GIRL
    BCA_GIRL
    For this purpose, take some questions. Then to solve those problems think about the various ways to solve each problem.Then take the problem one by one. And after that convert your idea in coding. But remember don't get satisfied with only one program for one problem. Try in max ways. Then at last compare all methods.
    Its boring sometimes, but if you did it 3-4 times. You will got interested in this method. And you will see that your logics are getting better now. Be confident. Nothing is impossible. All the best. ๐Ÿ˜€
    PS : Please try it atleast 3-4 times regularly with confidence. You can do anything.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Just one tool: Practice. The more you practice, the more you get to know new ways to solve a problem. And yeah as BCA_GIRL said it may be boring sometime, but as you love to write code, it shouldn't be a problem....๐Ÿ˜€
  • complearner
    complearner
    Man for getting command you need just practice and to before making any new concepts first try to rebuild the already developed projects and softwares.It will help a lot.
    And for creativity you have to explore other projects and softwares beacause when you see the different ideas and concepts than only you can vision above it and than you can think , how you can improve it.
    And now change the way of looking anything.Just whenever you see any software,just think that what logic they would applied on it and how is the data flow and all. And if you would be able to apply this thinking in real world identities than that will benefit the most.
    This helps a lot in programming and creativity.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    You can find many unsolved programs. Try solving them by hand and then find a logic from there. At first you may make mistakes. ๐Ÿ˜€ This is Learning by Experience.

And another approach is Learning by Solution. You can see similar problems, which are already solved. Try to find new logic from them. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • jaxrobinson
    jaxrobinson
    You should always think many times before making any decision.You should be good enough in your logical thinking.
  • eternalthinker
    eternalthinker
    Trying to solve simple and gradually complex example problems can spice up your logic.

The best way to do this without getting bored is to code some simple games, or part of them. You'll get exposed to a number of logic situations this way, and it's quite interesting to see the result ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Arjun Walmiki
    Arjun Walmiki
    dude i thing know you r expert can you share you experience
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    I am not sure how relevant my post is in this context.

But if you want to shape up logic, try these teasers.

1.)Factorial of 100 and above.
    2.)Prime numbers till 1000, then try to find primes till 100000000
    3.)Sort 10 numbers in ascending, then try 100 then 1000 and then 1000000 numbers. from an array random numbers, shouldn't take longer than few seconds.
    4)Magic squares.
    5)Sudoku
    6)Knight travel.
    7)8-Queens puzzle.
    8)NIM
    9)Tic-Tac-Toe
    10)Minesweeper solver.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

If you want to experience Windows 8 UI on your Windows 7 machine, you can do so by downloading the Zetro: Zetro VS 1.1 updated by ~pisadeviant on deviantART Install...
hi, I am a final year Btech student of computer science and at present really confused what should i be doing after my graduation.I have always planned to do a...
As you know we at CrazyEngineers have taken part in the Create the Future Design Contest by Tech Briefs. It would be an honor to get your vote for us....
iPhone 5 will be introduced in September 2011, says China Mobile employee. Apple's current CEO (acting) Tim Cook was busy holding meetings with senior China Mobile executives recently. One of...
For detailed description click here This will be a nice topic for robotic seminars