Post-Graduation Confusion

hi,

I am a final year Btech student of computer science and at present really confused what should i be doing after my graduation.I have always planned to do a job after the four years of my studies but now there is a dillema in mind whether i should opt for an post graduation right after college or after doing job for 2-3 years.
I am totally into technology and that is the only thing in engineering that interests me that is why I have ruled out the option of MBA.
I am left with MS/MTech.I am confused which should i opt for and what are the future opportunities after i do MS/Mtech.

would really appreciate any suggestion...

Replies

• Pensu
    Pensu
    If you are really that much into technology that you should go for M.Tech. Job is not a big deal, you can get it easily after post graduation, but M.Tech./M.S. gives you a chance to explore and study the subject to the depth. I know a lot of ppl and they always say that its really tough to go back to study after doing a job.
  • complearner
    complearner
    See both Ms and Mtech are good. Just decide that where you want to study ...in India or Abroad. Package is good in both field. But remember in India Mtec from IIT is given more importance than Ms, from job point of view. And if you want to do job in USA than Ms would be good.
    But try to take good universities in whether it is Ms or Mtech.Else there is not enough difference between the two.
    But I would Say that IIt's have more standard in study.
  • abhimanyu23
    abhimanyu23
    @nicepeeyush...........actually that is what i am worried about....will it be possible to go back to studies after doing a job for a year or so?
    @complearner...thanks for your advice...i will ponder over the thing and will decide.....
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    @abhimanyu: Well....it depends on person itself, but as i have heard form ppl...and according to them they planned to study more after job but failed. But there are also some ppl who studied after being in a job. But that percentage is quite low. So, if you have that kind of determination then you can try. In the end its on you.
    All the best...!!!
  • abhimanyu23
    abhimanyu23
    @nicepeeyush/....thanks for your help...hopefully my confusion will be reduced by an appreciable amount....😀
  • anuj.sharma
    anuj.sharma
    hello gurus i am also having confusion about post graduation.should i do MBA or MTECH/MS.i am a final year electronics and communication engineering student and i want to complete my studies first before entering into industry so that i get better oppurtunities of earning livelyhood.
    PLEASE GUIDE ME WHAT TO PURSUE AFTER BTECH ,E$C : MBA OR MTECH /MS.i am really confused on how to decide what is good w.r.t better carrer.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As you know we at CrazyEngineers have taken part in the Create the Future Design Contest by Tech Briefs. It would be an honor to get your vote for us....
iPhone 5 will be introduced in September 2011, says China Mobile employee. Apple's current CEO (acting) Tim Cook was busy holding meetings with senior China Mobile executives recently. One of...
For detailed description click here This will be a nice topic for robotic seminars
"An new method of electricity generation" Readmore
Hi, I have this situation. I have to design a hardware that senses other bluetooth devices and stores the MAC ID's of the detected devices along with the time of...