How to create bootable disk from our installed OS ?

Hello friend's,
Anybody have idea how to create a bootable disk from our installed OS.
Like suppose i have installed ubuntu 10.04 LTS on my pc and i waant to create a bootable disk of ubuntu 10.04 LTS with the help of my installed OS.

Replies

• Leo
    Leo
    Hi Mohit open terminal and type

$ cd /etc/apt/ "PRESS ENTER"
    $ sudo gedit sources.list

Now add following lines to sources list

# Remastersys
    # deb #-Link-Snipped-# karmic/

save and close file.
    Again open terminal and type,

$ sudo apt-get install update
    $ sudo apt-get install remastersys

To make a installable OS type
    $ sudo remastersys dist

this will create a installable custom.iso in your home folder
    burn on disk and your OS is ready.

If you have installed applications on your system by

"sudo apt-get install"

then applications will be available in your customised distro but *.deb files will be not. To take backup of all *.deb files open terminal and type

$ cd /var/cache/apt/archives/

then type
    $ sudo cp *.deb (Specify folder destination)

burn them on disk or save on HDD and keep it as backup.
    Happy Computing.
  • Leo
    Leo
    Hey buddy that link changes to index of site, note that it should be link not the index, copy link not index.
  • Reya
    Reya
    thanks you so much for the useful info😀
  • Reya
    Reya
    @mohit Is it possible to create a bootable cd of windows with the help of my installed Windows OS in my system??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have done the following code for binary search.But all the time Its showing match not found even if the number is present in the array😔 Dim a As Integer...
Hello friend's, Many of engineering college student have girl friends. But there is also some student who doesn't(Reason most of the student have EGO problem he didn't like to start...
I am using Mozilla Firefox and i am not able chat on CE-Conference Chat. My mouse pointer doesn't change into cursor. Try to fix the problem.
I have new Micromax MMX 300C EVDO modem from BSNL. It works perfectly in windows platform. Username (cdma) & password (cdma) is also correct which allows to connect to internet....
i am giving a supply to a system where in place of U,V,W supply i am giving U,U,V supply to a system what will be the vectorial current representation of...