How to Build GPS Tracking System?

Hi want to build a GPS Tracking system For my Car. It is My project . I want to build it with general purpose items .

Replies

• Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Can you ellaborate? what are your intentions?

May be i could be of any help, because i have worked on same kind of Project ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    goyal420
    Can you ellaborate? what are your intentions?

May be i could be of any help, because i have worked on same kind of Project ๐Ÿ˜€
    I want to make GPS Tracking system. like where is my car what is its position a. like a GPS monitering system.
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I will provide you an easiest way ,

You can do following, have a Mobile device attached to your car that must have gps enabled, now you can create a app may be for android , iphone use phone gap framework , it requires no coding , just basic html and javascript, phonegap will provide you its own methods through which you can access long, lat of your device, simply put those on your web server using ajax request at frequent intervals , then create a web interface that will map those on google maps, and update its location after every 10 sec, this way you can have a easy gps tracking system for your car ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Scorpion007
    Hi want to build a GPS Tracking system For my Car. It is My project . I want to build it with general purpose items .
    The general purpose items would be - a micro controller, GPS receiver, GSM module, and a SIM card.
    What say?
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    AbraKaDabra
    The general purpose items would be - a micro controller, GPS receiver, GSM module, and a SIM card.
    What say?
    ok . then what the next
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    goyal420

You can do following, have a Mobile device attached to your car that must have gps enabled, now you can create a app may be for android , iphone use phone gap framework , it requires no coding , just basic html and javascript, phonegap will provide you its own methods through which you can access long, lat of your device, simply put those on your web server using ajax request at frequent intervals , then create a web interface that will map those on google maps, and update its location after every 10 sec, this way you can have a easy gps tracking system for your car ๐Ÿ˜€
    goyal420

I think it is not good idea because I have to put co-ordinate manually and as project point of view it cant score good. any hows thanks for replying and suggestion.๐Ÿ˜€
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I have to put co-ordinate manually

What do you mean by manually?

It is automated Process, I could even give you another way, that i thought it might be out of your budget

I remember when i was working on this project for my client , though I was only working on web interface for that, but they told me , that they are using xirgo devices that you can integrate with your system and will send you all the necessary information that you can store on server and display them to your user

• Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    goyal420
    I have to put co-ordinate manually

What do you mean by manually?

It is automated Process, I could even give you another way, that i thought it might be out of your budget

I remember when i was working on this project for my client , though I was only working on web interface for that, but they told me , that they are using xirgo devices that you can integrate with your system and will send you all the necessary information that you can store on server and display them to your user
    there are many types of GPS devises used to track vehicle .Mainly many Transport agencies and government agencies using it. But then what the need to build just go and buy. but my requirement is to make that type of system for college project. thanks
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Hi scorpio, I'd suggest that you start off with Arduino as your microcontroller module. You can easily link it with other modules that AKD suggested like GPS & GSM and focus on the programming the below:
    - Initiate GPS & acquire lat/long
    - Arduino to parse GPS strings
    - Send out data via GSM or GPRS
    - some sort of web interface to show data (as goyal suggested)
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    ash
    Hi scorpio, I'd suggest that you start off with Arduino as your microcontroller module. You can easily link it with other modules that AKD suggested like GPS & GSM and focus on the programming the below:
    - Initiate GPS & acquire lat/long
    - Arduino to parse GPS strings
    - Send out data via GSM or GPRS
    - some sort of web interface to show data (as goyal suggested)
    Thanks sir
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    Could any body suggest me tutorial link to make this project
  • Scorpion007
    Scorpion007
    i come know about osmocom project. anyone have idea regarding this project

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

What is the consumption formula for materials in brickwork and plastering ?
Nissan, a japanese car has launched Nissan Micra which is well known as Nissan March in the Japanese market. The company has added a diesel version of the Nissan Micra...
How can I convert uint16 image to an uint8 image in matlab so that picture does not change ?
Hello Friends Please share you opinions on How many hrs sleep is enough for an individual?
Does anybody have matlab source code for 3-D image segmentation using mean shift algorithm ?