How these Questions In Interview related to job/field of study?

In a Game i won 12 games, each game if i loose will give you 1 chocolate,you have 8 chocolates how many games played?

This is a question in infosys interview😁😀 ..all questions are like this..a merry go trip..like that..what is the relationship between this and a IT company and its jobs? Are this only asked to check the job seekers level of knowledge..Sorry if i was wrong..But What is the relationship between this and the job? 😐

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Those questions are totally useless from the hiring point of view and only help in eliminating the candidates for the Interview state. If you can solve those questions, the interviewer will know that you are at least 'average' or a little above average than others so that they can short-list you for the interview round.
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    mail154
    In a Game i won 12 games, each game if i loose will give you 1 chocolate,you have 8 chocolates how many games played?

This is a question in infosys interview😁😀 ..all questions are like this..a merry go trip..like that..what is the relationship between this and a IT company and its jobs? Are this only asked to check the job seekers level of knowledge..Sorry if i was wrong..But What is the relationship between this and the job? 😐
    Is the answer 20 ?😀rofl: )
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    it may be used to find whethet you are fast enough to answer in a rapid fire interview.But if this was asked in a preliminary round then it explains that they were not searching for us and they just make fun of us
    😀
  • mail154
    mail154
    CSK AUTO
    it may be used to find whethet you are fast enough to answer in a rapid fire interview.But if this was asked in a preliminary round then it explains that they were not searching for us and they just make fun of us
    😀

Exactly I Think So. Many Of Placement Papers I Have Seen Is this? I Am Confused whether this is a just a single round. Even in CE these type of posts are available and my question was the first question in the pdf posted here.I Asked this after seeing those here. While The Questions Based on field were not in trend now? or these are the one of the rounds?
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    The standard of questions had faded away.I more often happen to see the questions that were not related to field.I agree that we should know some general facts but It would not do the job and ot will not justify the job nature.
  • rahul69
    rahul69
    mail154
    Exactly I Think So. Many Of Placement Papers I Have Seen Is this? I Am Confused whether this is a just a single round. Even in CE these type of posts are available and my question was the first question in the pdf posted here.I Asked this after seeing those here. While The Questions Based on field were not in trend now? or these are the one of the rounds?
    The reason for this, in my opinion is that these companies recruit in large numbers, and thus the level of questions is not so high😒, see the questions of some companies which recruit less numbers(such as Google etc), or some well known start-up companies and u will know the difference😉.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The famous opensource 3D modelling software,Blender has released it's version 2.68 with major changes. Blender 2.68 contains huge enhancements & fixes. Some of the included features & enhancements are mentioned...
Smartphone maker XOLO has announced Q-Series phones in India's Land Of God, Kerala. The company announced three phones, Q600, Q700 & Q800 and has partnered with Aldous Glare Trade &...
Looks as though anything can be a source of power. "All is Grist to the Mill" has come true. Researchers have made a fuel cell with urine: https://www.treehugger.com/clean-technology/british-scientists-power-cell-phones-urine.html I do...
According to a report in NDTV, India's Bajaj & Austrian KTM are planning to bring more KTM bikes in India. The duo launched the KTM 390 Duke yesterday and have...
The Very Large Telescope of EOS shows a black Hole in the Milky Way gobbling up a gas cloud: https://www.universetoday.com/103514/pulled-apart-by-black-hole-heart/