How Much Money Do You Need For Your Startup?

I'm often asked why I'm not running after VCs to raise funds for CrazyEngineers. Frankly speaking, CrazyEngineers is doing well and I've few weird plans for CE that I don't want to discus with investors. Well, I'll do it when the right time comes and I'm sure by then, I'll have 100 VCs waiting for me outside my door. Jokes apart, I'm surprised when I hear people say, "I don't have enough money to start my business". Come on! How much money do you think you need to get started? Have you already blown the things out of proportion in your mind?

Let me tell you an insider story. CrazyEngineers was started with a limited budget of Rs. 2500 ( that makes it around $50) and over the time I kept on investing in server, software, security and so on. However, I was working as a software engineer then and I could easily afford to shell out that amount from my salary. What about you? Are you busy coming up with excuses than coming up with ideas to get started?

If you think with a mindset of solving the problems (which you must) you'll figure out that you already have enough money to get started. If you are planning for a web-based startup, you only need to invest for domain, server and software development cost; which you can easily share with your co-founders or technical team. You don't need thousands of dollars to 'start'.

If you are stuck with such problem, I'll be happy to help. Just drop me an email on admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com and we'll see what we can do.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Nokia's N900 is a power packed mini computer for your pockets. The device powered by Nokia's new Linux based MAEMO software has superscalar ARM 600 MHz processor to handle all...
Micromax is one of the India's leading mobile phone producer and has recently forayed into the world of data cards for internet connectivity. Company has about 5 different data cards...
IIT Bombay is a premier engineering institute in India. The sharpest minds have to crack, probably the toughest engineering entrance exam called the Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) to get admission...
Cell phones have created a revolution since there advent. We have replaced most of the accessories with a cell phone. The idea of replacing our wallet with cell phones has...
I searched, I saw, but it conquered! The “India’s First” saga is going on and on this season! Here I would just love to talk about the India’s first 3.5GAndroid...