How Many Engineers Read Newspapers?

I'm talking about the newspaper that arrives at your doorstep every morning. The one 'printed' on sheets of paper. And how many have stopped reading the traditional newspaper for the digital content which is instant? Share your views πŸ˜€

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    After joining Company I used to read newspaper ONLINE only.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    I would never read... But after coming to office, I would do daily... Atleast to an extent... πŸ˜€
  • Aashish Joshi
    Aashish Joshi
    I get very anxious if I don't get to read the news paper. I have to read it, not necessarily in the morning but sometime during the day! And if I can't get my hands on a paper, then I make it a point to go to Google News or any online paper.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    i read only once in a while!!!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    I read from front page to last, thoroughly. It is because, I do not get good books to read. But it is really a time killing activity. The news are almost the same everyday... 😐 πŸ˜•
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    ishutopre
    I read from front page to last, thoroughly. It is because, I do not get good books to read. But it is really a time killing activity.
    There are many time killing activities, why read the fake news?? I just read the headlines, and some of the interesting topics. The rest are just mere images of slaughter and corruption. Why can't the Indian newspapers be more consumer friendly?

Moreover, there's an ample amount of information you get from National Geographic, Discovery, AXN and the Internet that i don't like wasting time with the newspaper. Everyone will say, newspaper is the cheapest form of information. Yes its true, but why learn all the nonsense of the world when you can just keep your mind free with fresh ideas??? Isn't being happy more important than ruining your day reading about someone's selfishness???

P.S.: These are just my ideas. Welcoming all debaters to enlighten me!!!
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Only some times I used to read the Hard copy. Mostly I was addicted to the Online news πŸ˜” I have to avoid this and have to start again reading the News Paper.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Me daily now-a-days... πŸ˜€
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I read headlines and Editorial in Hindu almost everyday!!
  • X-Engineer
    X-Engineer
    In fact paper comes at 7:45 am and i have to leave my home at 8 am for office...so just getting through the main headlines of all pages..rest is internet news....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    X-Engineer
    In fact paper comes at 7:45 am and i have to leave my home at 8 am for office...so just getting through the main headlines of all pages..rest is internet news....
    Happens with most of us. I prefer newspapers only for local news. Rest is all 'yesterday', πŸ˜‰ !
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    I used to read newspaper before my joining for company in Delhi, i was also not aware of Mumbai blasts ,just read in ce πŸ˜”
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I don't read newspapers at all these days!!! Watching news channels or trolling the internet for news is faster. What say CEans?
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    I read "The Hindu",
    Trust me there are few news and article you won't find in other papers or in top news in Google news.
    TOI online/paper both sucks.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Most of the media these days is 'paid media' - writing the news their sponsors have asked them to. Check firstpost.com for example - their only agenda seems to be blow up anything that has word 'Modi' in it and then conclude how Modi is not secular and how he shouldn't be the next PM.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I do read "TOI" & Ahmedabad Mirror daily. I have habit of reading news while drinking tea.

Media is there to fool people, real truth never reaches upto media.And even if it reaches, either government suppress them or some rich people suppress them to hide the real truth by showing them money.

Because, we know that C.R.E.A.M
  • Shailaja Tiwari
    Shailaja Tiwari
    I read newspaper only for important updates via headlines and rest all is repetitive product and during boring lectures I manage to play sudoku and mathdokuπŸ˜›
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    It's hard to read Newspaper now a days still I manage to read one or two month old newspaper during lunch. πŸ˜‰
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I read newspapers once every couple of days I don't know why But that itself is becoming rarer now a days due to pressure from academics
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Conqueror
    I read newspapers once every couple of days I don't know why But that itself is becoming rarer now a days due to pressure from academics
    In my Diploma days I used to read 4-5 Newspaper*Sport section only*.
  • rithesh salian
    rithesh salian
    I do read everyday , its better to read a hardcopy than online
    Atleast never loose the touch

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lecture on Project and Production Management by Prof. Arun kanda, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi . Feel free to ask questions and discuss.
Lecture on Project and Production Management by Prof. Arun kanda, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi . Feel free to ask questions and discuss.