How is Solar Energy Stored?

One of the drawbacks of solar energy systems is that the Sun doesn't provide a constant stream of energy. On cloudy days or at night, the amount of energy your system receives is reduced or eliminated altogether. This in turn impacts the amount of electricity or heat that your system produces during those times.

To overcome this drawback, homeowners can take advantage of several methods available to them for storing solar energy. The methods available differ depending on whether you are using solar electricity applications or solar heating applications.

For solar electricity, it is stored using either batteries or the grid.
For solar heating, it is stored using thermal mass, water tanks, or swimming pool water.

-----------------------
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Munguti
    Munguti
    Is there a question somewhere because the title suggests so.
  • kashish0711
    kashish0711
    The title is the question and the post is the answer to that question.
  • shahrul
    shahrul
    I though this is a question problem, but the post give the answer. Some people think solar panel can stored energy but actually it needs a battery in solar system.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends i have good collection of all curricular e-books the engg needs if any ine wants plz message me an e-mail address then i'll forward it to the perticular...
hi friends can i have some topics on GD (group discussion) ???????? anyone can help me? hopefully.................. i'll get it. 😕
I am thinking of taking guitar lessons. I play a little, but nothing worth listening to. I don't have a guitar as of now, so I would like help with...
I would like do a mini projects in robotics with low cost... Can any one suggest me....
I have to develop a project in Computer graphics in c language. anyone suggest a good project for this ?