How Important PSU Is In Desktops ?

Everytime I open the cabinet of my desktop, each & every friend of mine have asked me to change the PSU. They simply refers that PSU of iball is such a gutter-product. Infact, I never had problem with iball PSU, but after reading few blogs I feel that PSU should be good.
I wanna know how important PSU is in desktops ? Cheap PSU can affect anyother components ?
Explain!

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How important? What'd be a computer without it? All things put to rest, never mess with anything that's a source of power.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    How important? What'd be a computer without it? All things put to rest, never mess with anything that's a source of power.
    What I mean is, How does it affect the other computer components if the PSU is cheap ? I am using iball one, planning to get Corsair, but is it worth it ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Bare with me if this is stupid (I've been away from my electrical engineering roots for really long time now). I was wondering if the medium affects the potential difference...
In airplanes, the wings have these small outlets that act as 'ground'. Ideally used when the lightening strikes (from what I've read). So when flying, airplanes do use Air as...
I happened to read about Intel Haswell CPU and GPU on AnandTech. Not very familiar with the architecture myself, but a general question popped up in my head whether Haswell...
New test dates for TOEFL iBTest are August 10, 16, and 31 and September 7, 13 and 27 in some cities in India. ETS has decided to waive late fee...
Do you remember 2011 Tokyo Earthquake, 2010 Chile, 2008 China, Earthquakes on J&K, Gujarat, California and many more? These are just a few I named here, but there were many...