How does Track ID work?

Friends,
How does Track ID works. How they are matching the songs? Which database they are using?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    shibi raj
    Friends,
    How does Track ID works. How they are matching the songs? Which database they are using?
    Nice question.
    Shazam & SoundHound | Technology for a voice-enabled world are among the top songs recognition softwares which works similar to Track ID. Their goal is same i.e. Recognizing the song, but algorithms are undoubtedly different.

The 7 page pdf file of the algorithm of Shazam is uploaded below. I guess it will help you to understand it fully.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I always wanted to work on a similar kind of project.
    Say, you remember a few words of a song OR you just remember the tune and not the entire song with lyrics, is there a way to record your tune and then search it via the web, to find the match?

Years later I found an article on PopSci Magazine - It was about a web site that lets you hum or whistle part of a song and it searches their database.

TrackID does that to a large extent. 👍

From what I found over the internet, it basically uses a 5 second sample and sends it to the Gracenote server in the US (World's biggest music database) and then searches for a match of the 5 second waveform with the waveform of the millions and millions of songs on the server.

The Track ID sample is converted into frequency data and is virtually a unique fingerprint to all music.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Lots of scope in the field of communication, thanks to the usage of VoIP and other sophisticated techniques. Skype, Viber, Tango, and many other applications have come up with sources...
hello friends, I wrote a c program to perform the substring operation on the string str[100]. This program was to take the position index pos and the number of characters...
hello friends, I recently went through some proverbs that were published in a personality development magazine and remained completely alien to some of them these include good wine needs no...
According to a recent post by Silicon India, some of the technologies we have enjoyed and used since a long period of time are on the verge of getting exhausted...
CEans, Yesterday, CrazyEngineers experienced the longest unplanned downtime in the history of CE. To make the matters worse, it also blocked our official email IDs during whole the time. Though...