How Data Can Be Sent In Power Line Communication

How Data Can Be Sent In Power Line Communication on the same power cables

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    convert them into digital format then send using parallel transmitter cables and stuff like that
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    I am told that GE Alsthom has the technology to use the regular power lines to carry control information.
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    jeffrey samuel
    convert them into digital format then send using parallel transmitter cables and stuff like that
    we dont use parallel cables..rather we send information on power conductors but somewhat at different frequency in kHz..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    bioramani
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    but sir i just want to ask that wont it be inefficient to transmit data on a power cable??..beacuse there may be ditortion in data due to noise, radio interference, presence of other cable..etc
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    On the other hand it is much cheaper. The cables are heavier and it is quite easy to separate the 50Hz or 60Hz power wave form from the digital signal.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    They are using Frequency division multiplexing to send data over same power line carrier.

Have a look at this link :- Introduction to PLC (PowerLine Communication) and PDF
  • Naman Agarwal
    Naman Agarwal
    bioramani
    On the other hand it is much cheaper. The cables are heavier and it is quite easy to separate the 50Hz or 60Hz power wave form from the digital signal.
    sir... would it be a good topic to present as a major or minor project??..actually i want to do project on "detection of illegal electricity consumption using PLC..."will this sounds good to teachers??
  • Swagata Dutta
    Swagata Dutta
    Hey guys i want to design a basic plcc system to send certain audio signals over a power line 230 v 50 hz. How do I do it?
    Any ideas?
  • Alienator
    Alienator
    naman2511
    but sir i just want to ask that wont it be inefficient to transmit data on a power cable??..beacuse there may be ditortion in data due to noise, radio interference, presence of other cable..etc
    Implementing DSP in power systems for the same reason...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just wrote a small article in one of my favorite sites: codeproject. Here is the link https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/460014/Image-Inpainting-Technique-using-Local-Binary-Patt Anybody interested to work on image inpainting could get on with the link...
Looks like engineers at Samsung are faster than everyone else. While we're yet to digest the awesomeness of Samsung Galaxy S3, the update in the social media says that the...
Finally, the nice, pretty & cool Windows XP will have to say goodbye to Photoshop. The company has made it clear that their next release of Photoshop won't support Windows...
Jayakumar posted: can you able to give the webside link to know more about preparation of ethanol fuel and advantage and disadvantage of using the ethanol as a fuel.Since others...
Here's Vipul Goyal's stand up comedy on Facebook (in English). It's totally hilarious. Check it out -