How can ECE student get job in software development field?

I'm an ECE final year  student I wanted to be an embedded software  engineer but i found it is complicated so i dropped it.i have passion towards coding but don't have that experience and i want get a software development job not service or consulting. how can i do it?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

As a final year student, your best bet for now is to crack the campus placements. If you can crack that - your entry into the IT job domain is going to be easy and straightforward. 

Most of the IT companies in India offer 3 to 6 months of training to all the new candidates. Even with basic knowledge of programming in any language, you could make a good start in IT.

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

#-Link-Snipped-# It's an important question you have asked. To get into software development field, an ECE engineer needs to prove something to the employer to make him believe you have the potential.

These days it is an open house for all branches in campus placement. They take you on the basis of your resume (i.e. technical skills) and aptitude exam cracking skills. If you think this is an option for you, I'd recommend you to go for it. This is the easiest and more sure-shot way of getting into the IT Industry. Once they get you on board, you can fight for a 'development' role instead of support and testing, provided you show talent in a programming language. In fact, some hands-on coding experience will go a long way and make you stand out.

The best way to show hands-on experience is to do personal coding projects or sign-up for some freelance work. Make sure you highlight that part in your resume so that it catches the job interview guy's attention.

The top skills for ECE engineers to get into the software development field -

1. C, C++, Java, .Net
    2. PHP, HTML, CSS, Javascript
    3. SAP ABAP/ SAP PI/ SAP BI (Reporting tools)
    4. Hadoop
    5. Networking (CCNA)
    6. Cloud Computing
    7. CRM Applications like SalesForce

If you have a certification in any of these skills, that's a BIG plus. 

As an ECE Engineer, are you just interested in programming or have done any actual coding? If you tell us that we will be able to help you better.

• Jayt aw
    Jayt aw

#-Link-Snipped-# thanks for the  answer , in puc i took computer science and i know c++ that i learnt in puc and i have done some small programming  .

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Sir, I am studying diploma final year EEE branch we have industrial training in 6th semester is it available?  If available please give me the information about the training sir
Career in car designing after completing BE in industrial engineering 
Eco sewage treatment plant.details and equipment use to treat sewage and energy saving method using Fluidised bed reactor.and gravel filter to obtain effluent of required strenght
How will be the compressive strength of concrete effect by the use of nano silica
How can we calculate the moment of inertia of a long horizontal beam along X-axis having length l metres , width b metres and height h metres ?