How Can Adding Trackers Rejuvenate a Torrent?

So there was one torrent which has just 1 seeders and 1 leechers, and the download speed was pathetic! 2 Kbps ? 7 kbps ? So, I manually added 10-13 open public trackers and the download speed reach its peak!

I would like to know :
- How does the trackers rejuvenate the torrent ?
- Actually what are these private, open and public trackers ?
- Is it possible to rejuvenate any torrent with trackers or this is just rare case ?

Adding couple of experts I know #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
If anyone else knows the answer, don't hesitate to share your knowledge!

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    ok . this is how peer to peer networks work. intially a session has to be established between 2 peers and this is done with the help of a server. Now if this application is skype - the server establishes session between 2 or more computers to communicate on. incase of bit torrent these servers are 'trackers' which discover new peers. so the more peers u discover more peices of files you can find and better is the speed. technically once a session is established you dont need the central server.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello guys, Need your suggestion. One of my friends was trained in java(joined as a fresher), now in 2nd level support project He needs to switch his career now. As...
Hello,Guys I am Haider Rizvi and I want to make a website for students where students can sell,buy or rent a book or any studies material. The problem is me...
Can any one suggest me the best books to learn dotnet?
Most of the times, we don't need a complex photo editing tool to get the photos protected or beautiful. Simple, fast & easy photo editor, allows to batch process, is...
i had completed my engineering 2013 from ECE after it i have cleared many govt. exam but not selected in ffinal merit ...so CDAC is good option for getting a...