How are collapsible stainless steel cups made?

These cups are shorter in size. They can be expanded like telescope and used it for drinking water or juice. after use, again press it to shorter size.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare

Hello #-Link-Snipped-#‍ I think you are talking about these -

SuntekStore: Stainless Steel Travel Camping Hiking Folding Collapsible Cup - YouTube

Is that correct? Are you asking about the process to manufacture such cups in India?

• srikanth Aramadhan
    srikanth Aramadhan

Hello #-Link-Snipped-#‍  you are right. I need to know how cups are placed, you see when liquid is poured it should not leak. Then how cups are placed?

• John Wick
    John Wick

This is really interesting. #-Link-Snipped-#‍ I have never seen one in my entire life. I guess all the different collapsing parts are attached to each other? Therefore, there is no scope for any liquid leakage. Sounds pretty straightforward to me. 

See this image for reference -

i8OA-Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 11.48.01 AM.png

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath

Each section is a section of a cone. The top dia of each section is slightly more than that of the bottom dia of the section above. The bottom most section has a base. All sections are assembled together first. The bottom section is then welded to the larger dia base. When the topmost section is pulled up, it goes up till the next section catches the bottom dia of the top section. As the pulling continues , one by one all sections come up. Once all are up, a slight pull makes each section to lock with the one above by elastic deformation so that a leak tight joint is got.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Is CDAC worth investing time and money into. How is the job market for CDAC pass outs?
I am taking civil in btech first year 
We've been using Slack for internal communication and it works really well. I'd say it's helped us cut down on our internal emails by almost 50%. Can you share your...