hot and cold working process

Hot and Cold working Processes:
The metal working processes are derived into hot working and cold working processes. The division is on the basis of the amount of heating applied to the metal before applying the mechanical force. Those processes working above the re-crystallization temperature are hot working processes where as the below or termed as cold working processes.
Under the action of heat and force when the atom reach a certain high energy level the new crystal start forming , which is termed as re- crystallization. Re-crystallization destroys the old grain structure deform by the mechanical working and entirely new crystal which are strain free and form.
Re-crystallization temperature is defined as the approximate minimum temperature at which complete re-crystallization of a cold work metal occurs with in a specified time.
Hot working processes.
Hot working of metals takes place above re-crystallization by hot working processes the metal are given desired shape by subjecting then two forces which cause then to undergo plastic deformation at the temperature above the re-crystallization range.
Different hot working processes are as follows:
1: Forging
• Hammer or smith forging
• Drop forging
• Upset forging
• Press forging
• Roll forging
• Swaging
2: pipe welding
• Butt welding of heated strips
• Butt welding of electrical resistance
• Lap welding
• Hammer welding
3: Rolling
4: Piercing
5: Spinning
6: Extruding
7: Drawing or Cupping
for complete detail just click here:
mechanical engineering

Replies

• razajahanian
    razajahanian
    Hot and Cold working Processes:
    The metal working processes are derived into hot working and cold working processes. The division is on the basis of the amount of heating applied to the metal before applying the mechanical force. Those processes working above the re-crystallization temperature are hot working processes where as the below or termed as cold working processes.
    Under the action of heat and force when the atom reach a certain high energy level the new crystal start forming , which is termed as re- crystallization. Re-crystallization destroys the old grain structure deform by the mechanical working and entirely new crystal which are strain free and form.
    Re-crystallization temperature is defined as the approximate minimum temperature at which complete re-crystallization of a cold work metal occurs with in a specified time.
    Hot working processes.
    Hot working of metals takes place above re-crystallization by hot working processes the metal are given desired shape by subjecting then two forces which cause then to undergo plastic deformation at the temperature above the re-crystallization range.
    Different hot working processes are as follows:
    for complete detail just click here:
    mechanical engineering
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    nice introduction
    #-Link-Snipped-#

try to give us crystal structure before & after process.
  • ShrinkDWorld
    ShrinkDWorld
    hey plz do not creat new thread for same topic
    first search the previous related topic before posting the new thread
  • gohm
    gohm
    Threads have been merged. =)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a student. I am working in my project(web browser).I am trying to know about the process of the html parsing and how to handle javascript content in java.Can...
We know that a resistor can be considered as a load. Now the question is, if we increase the resistance according to ohm's law V = IR, the current must...
Hello, I am new to simulink and Matlab. I am trying to simulate the Mackey-Glass equation with Simulink. The equation is : dx(t)/dt = 0.2 (x(t-tau)/1 + x^10(t-tau)) -0.1x(t) where:...
Many a times when you are using net within an organization or college campus, you face the problem of IP conflict. As some one within the same network come up...
hello friend's, I think during exam time we all need the collection of the questions that cover all the topics of the programming language. Not only during exam time it...