Honda Civic - Reviews & Feedback

CEans,

If anyone of you owns or has tried Honda Civic, please do post your review in this thread ๐Ÿ˜ I'm thinking about making 'reviews' a regular part of CE Forums. We all are technical folks here so I guess we can look forward to super reviews!

What say?

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    I absolutely dig Honda Civic hatchbacks.

My grandpa has a 2nd Gen hatchback, and my mom drove a 1991 hatchback. They are awesome! Well.. thats the extent of my review ๐Ÿ˜‰

Anyone driving a Civic Type R at the moment?
  • mahul
    mahul
    _k lets start up a review section altogether. And we must start up a review for mobile phones, they are accessible and that might interest lots of people.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    mahul
    _k lets start up a review section altogether. And we must start up a review for mobile phones, they are accessible and that might interest lots of people.
    Yep Yep ! ๐Ÿ˜

I'll roll out the new proposed structure for CE for you all to comment.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    First the technical details
    Honda Civic has the Honda iVTEC Engine. Its a 1.8 litre 4 cylinder mill and it is SOHC(Single Over Head Camshaft) or a 2.0 liter 4 cylindre DOHC(Dual Over Head Camshaft). Its 5 speed and comes with both manual and automatic option. The Honda engine is considered by many to be the best in its category. Generates about 140 bhp and 173 Nm. 0-100 Kmph in around 9.5 sec.
    Talking about the civic. It has a sporty feel to it. The steering is rather smooth and reacts well. Ride quality is good but could use some more ground clearance.
    The seating is also quite comfortable. Comes with a lot of goodies. Secondary stereo controls in the armrest, dual airbags, ABS with EBD. Great after sales service of Honda,

P.S. iVTEC stands for intelligent Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control
  • khooper
    khooper
    In reviews and road tests, our editors found the Honda Civic to be a well-rounded car. Inside, this Civic has a dramatic-looking interior that features a two-tier dashboard layout.

• prabakarnaidu
    prabakarnaidu
    Well, I don't' have too many things to say about the looks, except "Just look at it". Well, some of us thought the C-pillar looked like it came out of the BMW, some wondered if the low ground clearance would hurt on the usual Indian roads. But, looks are subjective; and I think this Honda looks amazing. The car is complete with skirting, deep wheel wells and big 5 spoke alloys which look more Italian than Japanese. The front looks amazingly aggressive; it resembles the Accord, yes but not to the extent that this becomes a carry forward. The rear end is also very muscular and big, but does give the feeling that it was completed in a hurry. The thing about this car though is that it only makes the car look chunky from the rear.

You could spend hours on end staring at the way this car has almost been sculpted; but you would have wasted lots of time you could have otherwise spend sitting inside. If anything, this car is much better on the inside than it is on the outside. I do not however recommend this car to those who wish to be driven around by a chauffeur. Not because this car is not spacious but because the point about the entire interior layout seems to be focused around the driver. If for example one were to ignore the front right quarter of the car interior, this car wouldn't be much different from a honda city.

The interiors are radical, very radical. Some of us were of the opinion that this was more of a PlayStation than a car, the dials for example look like they belong in a space shuttle, the two layer instrument cluster and the ability to set the time, have a look at the outdoor temperature and reset the trip meter. The trip computer(not trip meter mind you) is sadly missing though. The meters have a major trick up their sleeves, whenever you open the driver side door, they turn on dimly, when the key is inserted and ignition turned, the needle lights turn on and so on... Nice touch these; new benchmarks.
  • syedaafaq
    syedaafaq
    hey honda civic is a cool car filled with all stuffs which one can look forward from a car.... usually all the cars from honda are famous for their safety drives.... honda civic is also a safe car with efficient abs facilities....... overall a good car for a long drive........
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Man, I really want to take a 2007 Civic Type R for a spin!
  • gohm
    gohm
    I'd grab a mazdaspeed 3 over a civic if I was looking for a sporty hatchback.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    I'd grab a mazdaspeed 3 over a civic if I was looking for a sporty hatchback.
    Any specific reasons, Gohm? Civics are awesome to drive & tune ๐Ÿ˜Ž
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yeah, it is much faster and handles better. Mazdaspeed racing package from factory. Also more cargo space I believe. Not a fan of racing hondas though the s2000 is pretty good. My short list of racing sports cars is below:

1. mazda mx-5 (what I have)
    2. mini cooper s
    3. mazda mazdaspeed 3
    4. lotus elise

If we are talking GT then my list is even shorter
    1. porsche 911
    2. aston martin
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    gohm
    2. mini cooper s
    Nice ๐Ÿ˜› Though, I think I'd slightly lean towards Fiat 500 Abarth for this class ๐Ÿ˜€

I'm mostly into VW Golfs, though the latest ones are relatively expensive (anyone willing to sell an Mk4 instead?). The Golf GTI W12 650 concept was a BEAST!

What's your take on the Rx-8? I was quite envious that my friend in the US got it for half the price than here in Malaysia.

And uh.. sorry for being a little off topic guys ๐Ÿ˜›
  • gohm
    gohm
    The rx-8 is a great little car. I do like that roty engine. Lacks down low however has some get up and go if you keep the revs up. Good balance however not quite as good as the mx-5. reliability is down a little bit too but still good. Crappy mpg which has hurt its sales. Depends on what you want. For autocross or twisty country roads, the mx-5. More open road or track to allow higher speed, rx-8. I give both high marks for economical fun factor. I like twisties (and dropping the top) on the street and racing so that is why I go for the mx-5. I guess it is a carry over from my motorcycle racing. =) Didn't they stop making the fiat 500 long while back? You know us Yanks are clueless about those non-import cars, lol.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    lol! The new version of the Fiat 500 has been produced ๐Ÿ˜€

By the way, did you get to watch the Race of Champions on TV? Damn neat cars.. the Fiat 500 Abarth, the KTM X Bow, the RX 150, the Ford Focus rally car and their own ROC Buggy. I'd love to have them all on my driveway *drools*
  • gohm
    gohm
    I have only seen a couple snipits so far of the show. I am also glad a new season of Top gear is out. Funny that you mention the two rally cars, I watched the highlights (again!) of the last baja 1000 yesterday. A ride along in one of the trophy trucks would be amazing (and teeth jaring).
  • gnicastro
    gnicastro
    Let me start by saying, I really love my 1993 honda civic VX. So far it has had very few problems. I have been shopping for a new car and have become disillusioned with Hondas commitment to fuel efficiency. My pure gas car from 1993 get better gas milage than anything in the Honda Fleet sold in America. What gives..., how can they with good conscience say that they are doing their part with fuel efficiency if they are moving backwards. Why would I want the complexity of a hybrid if a gas car could get better milage? How can I make myself heard by honda. I will not buy a new honda untill they produce something with AT LEAST the same milage as the Civic VX Hatchback. I will be looking at other makers untill they return my faith that they are trying to help with the environment by making more efficient cars as the years go by.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys, This is dileep kumar from guntur. I would like to know the purpose of neutral in detail in electrical appliances. I would like to thank the moderator for...
Hi guys, i need some help or rather suggestions here.. my team is working on a certain robot. THe main feature of the robot is the smarts. Using sensors it...
Its Tested and Working very well. Dosen't even show in Windows Search. step by step process. The locking process: Go to run, type notepad and then press enter. Notepad opens...
Traffic Light System With Pedestrian Crossing hye.. i'm 3rd year student. I'm searching a circuit,diagram,flowchart and code programming using SHADOW for my mini project. My project is "Traffic Light System...
I want to share this article that I read about Lasik.Since Im also planning to undergo in the near future. Hope this one will to give more knowledge about Lasik....