Higher Studies in Automobile

Hello everybody..I have just completed my B.tech in Comp. Sci and I am not really interested in taking up a career in the IT industry.I would like to know if there is any possiblity of me doing a PG in something related to the Automobile Industry because I was and i still am very crazy about automobiles.So please help me..Give me your suggestions and info.Thanks in advance πŸ˜€

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From computer science to Automobiles! πŸ˜€

I believe your best bet is to go for a PG course in Automobile engineering from a university in USA/UK. I'm not too sure if background in CS would help.

BTW, considering the fact that you're interested in Automobiles, why did you not choose Mechanical/Automobile engineering as your engineering discipline?

Addendum: I just stumbled upon your post in following thread -> #-Link-Snipped-# , it looks to me that you are also preparing for GMAT!

In my opinion, first of all, you need to decide what you really want to do and where your interests are.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    buddy,you can go for a course in transportation design course in NID,Ahmedabad,but m unsure abt the qualifying criteria,best is u can choose a career in embedded programming,automotive electronics is on a high!!!
  • arun_15juin
    arun_15juin
    Thanks a bunch to both of you.you are right The_Big_K i must know what i really want to do.Here goes,now that i have completed my UG all i want is to get into a job of my choice and since i am not interested in the IT industry i wish i would get a job in the area of my interest which is Automobiles.Since i felt my CS will not really help ,i wanted to know what can actually get me there.And as far as GMAT is considered yeah i am preparing.Thats because i will be doing an MBA in the future like 3-4 years from now and after having worked for at least 2 years and after gaining some work experience.This is what i have planned.If you feel I am being stupid please do guide me.And as for Saurav thanks pal.I'll check out the courses.Cheers
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you're doing anything that's stupid. I've been interacting with lots of engineers and I know that it helps if you are very clear about what you want to do in life.
  • arun_15juin
    arun_15juin
    I did not get offended The_Big_K.If you think i could do something better then do tell me.I am here for your advice and suggestions buddy..
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    do wat u like to do best!!!dont stick to engineering just beacause you have an engineering degree,clear yourself,take advice of poeple who knows u well and never regret abt your decision
  • arun_15juin
    arun_15juin
    Thank you SauravπŸ˜€
  • eatmichael
    eatmichael
    Good Luck!!
  • manubhat
    manubhat
    arun_15juin
    Hello everybody..I have just completed my B.tech in Comp. Sci and I am not really interested in taking up a career in the IT industry.I would like to know if there is any possiblity of me doing a PG in something related to the Automobile Industry because I was and i still am very crazy about automobiles.So please help me..Give me your suggestions and info.Thanks in advance πŸ˜€
    Hey Arun,
    Iam in the same situation that you faced 3 years ago in 2008.
    Iam in 3rd year IT engineering.But i don't want to work in this field,because iam very passionate about automobiles.
    What did you decide and what are you doing now?
    Need some advice... πŸ˜€
    thanks..

sauravgoswami
    buddy,you can go for a course in transportation design course in NID,Ahmedabad,but m unsure abt the qualifying criteria,best is u can choose a career in embedded programming,automotive electronics is on a high!!!
    Can some one give more details about institutes offering the above two courses[M.tech] in India?
    I heard about VIT,vellore. Will i be eligible for automotive engineering[m.tech]?
  • irfanzaher
    irfanzaher
    hello guys, this story seems to repeat... i am a 2010 passout b.e in c.s, i have been doin an internship in s/w but i really want to pursue my dreams, since i have a basic degree now, i want to do what i like now. i am really crazy bout automobiles, not just the names and the looks, i deeeply get involved with the running of an i.c engine, turbochargers, and muc much more, every running aspect of a vehicle drives me crazy. now that u got an idea of my passion, i urge my friends here to please guide me with what studies i can pursue to get into that field, i am willing to study abroad if the prospects are better.
    now, dont ask me to why i did my b.e in c.s! i was dumb!!! i did not tell my parents what my dream was, somehow i have completed my b.e, please any and every suggestion/ guidance would be hugely appreciated. thanks in advance guys...
  • manubhat
    manubhat
    Can someone answer the above question?Even am waiting for some suggestions as am in the same situation.
  • seanx
    seanx
    Listen to Your heart and do whatever you want to do the automobiles field is really good...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    manubhat
    Can someone answer the above question?Even am waiting for some suggestions as am in the same situation.
    Well, I think it's never too late to realize where your passion is. If you found your love in automobiles; you'll have to figure out a way to get into it. There are ways which may not be *easy* but you can always try them to find your love.

1. Depending on your situation, you can try to develop knowledge about automobiles and start talking to potential recruiters who *might* be willing to offer you a job by seeing your passion.

2. Start working on part-time projects. Come up with something that works and catches the attention of auto-makers. Any automobile recruiter will be more interested in your real-life projects than your degree or experience. Try it.

3. Try to find information about higher-study opportunities for CS/IT engineers who're willing to get into mechanical & automobile domain. You might find a course somewhere in the world. That could just be a good starting point.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Those who want great tips & tricks on Microsoft Excel, head over to - Excel Tips | Pointy Haired Dilbert - Chandoo.org :smile: Great work done by Chandoo!
😁Hi I am Ramakrishna. can you suggest me how to design a web page?
For QTP certification and learning concepts, you can visit the following sites: This site QTP: Expert in HP QuickTest Professional (QTP) contains Advanced concepts on QTP The site QTP Tutorials...
Hello all, I am new here but definitely a crazy engineer. 😁 My latest project was (is) a to write a windows graphic design tool able to convert graphic files...
Friends here are some options for power and control engineers to go for... 1. Substation and distribution automation -> protection of distribution system using PLC, autoswitching (load shedding and restoration),...