high and low turbine pressures on reheat cycle

Hi, I'm trying to figure out why in the reheat cycle on a power plant turbine the water steam is a low pressure vapor after the reheat stage?

is it because of a change in the steam composition? why they are not both high pressure stages if the temperature of the steam is the same in both cases before entering the turbine?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    CheyPR
    Hi, I'm trying to figure out why in the reheat cycle on a power plant turbine the water steam is a low pressure vapor after the reheat stage?
    is it because of a change in the steam composition? why they are not both high pressure stages if the temperature of the steam is the same in both cases before entering the turbine?
    If the steam is in equilibrium with liquid water at the same remperature, then the pressure is fixed. However, if the steam is not in equilibrium with liquid water, it is just a pure gas. This can exist at any combination of temperature and pressure like any other gas (e.g. air)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, in this semister i am taking a course named "Power System Analysis". A very essential software regarding this topic is "PSAF". I have tried in net for finding an...
First of all, sorry for not keeping you updated. It's been very hectic schedule here and we're still relying on Wi-Fi available at the restaurants for the Internet access and...
do u know the reporing time of NEC HCL compnay in CGC campus on 19 sept 2011??
We used the following books for Numerical Computing subject: 1. Numerical methods for Scientific and Engg. Computations by M.K. Jain, SRK Iyengar, R. K. Jain , Wiley Eastern Ltd. 2....
AMD Bulldozer FX – Faster Processor On Earth - CrazyEngineers Windows 8 : Fast Startup Mode – Boot In 8 Seconds - CrazyEngineers Fisker Surf At Frankfurt Motor Show -...