Help would be greatly appreciated = )

Hello Crazy Engineer-ans

Most people call me JC, or Hyo, take your pick, and I'm new here.

As part of my internship, I will be required to program an AI. Unfortunately I am majoring in electronics, not computer science, and my C++ knowledge is pretty basic.

However! Being an engineer I'm ready to tackle the problem, despite my lack of knowledge.

That being said, I'm not asking to be fed with a silver spoon, but I would be grateful and thankful for any advice, example script, etc for the topic.

I'm not allowed to disclose the full details of my project being that its confidential, but I'm supposed to learn and build an ANN (Artificial Neural Network). It's 2 layer, and for the most part, a lot of things will be set by the user.

Any links, recommended texts to read, and helpful advice is appreciated and welcome = )

Replies

• xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    This is a very advance topic, and only a full fledged CS engineer can help you but the best help personally I can give is, Google

"Example scripts Neural Network C++" and here are some sites:

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#

You HAVE to take help of an experienced professor on this. Implementation from theory to practical in NN takes time and learning.
  • Hyoujin
    Hyoujin
    Thank you for the help ๐Ÿ˜

I would ask my professors but as they are all electronics, I'm not sure if they know about AI building.

I don't know many of the CS engineers in my university, so I guess I'll have to go out and ask around if anyone will be willing to help me out.

As I said, my knowledge in C++ is pretty basic, but I think I'm a pretty quick learner, especially when it comes to programming.

To be honest, I'm a little curious as to why I'm pursuing my electronics degree but for my internship they ask me to program an ANN ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•

Regardless, I just have to buckle up and take it as it goes.

More help will be appreciated = )
  • xheavenlyx
    xheavenlyx
    Umm, actually you have to tell college that you are EEE, cuz it will be a waste of your internship time, please talk to the person who is incharge of the internship. If the company is asking for ANN then even tell them you are EEE and ask them to teach you some programming, they might or might not, but nothing wrong in asking.

Your attitude is good about learning new things, but if you really want to, then it will be at your speed, so take your time. They must always remember you are Electronics and not CS.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

im n engg student[5th sem] nw we r studyn abt complex integrals in math, n me n my ganng here s tryin to make its geometrical interpretation, the riddle is...
It was a normal afternoon, the airconditioned meeting room of the engineering giant's office was replete with talented engineers; some of them young and enthusiastic, others not young still enthusiastic...
Hello Friends, I searched a lot for the following ebooks but couldnt get there downloads.Can any budy of you provide me the Link or the ebook if present with you.i...
Hi... I am new to this community... I am from 3rd yr electronics and cummunications engineering, NITK Surathkal.... pls help me, regarding doing summer training.... I am looking for a...
please tell ,me how to install ncurses on windows XP.