Help on image processing using matlab

HELO FRIENDS I AM THIRD YEAR ENG. STUDENT AND I AM WORKING ON IMAGE COMPRESSION AND FOR THE SAME I WANT TO CAPTURE A IMAGE FROM A CAMERA AND STORE IT IN TWO MY PC FOR FUTHER PROCESSING IS IT POSSIBLE IF YES THEN PLS HELP ME......
"Courage is not absence of fear , its to overcome that fear"

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Capturing image from a camera and storing it on your PC is easy. You could

1. Use camera software and USB cable to transfer images to your pc.
    2. Use bluetooth (if available) to transfer images.
    3. Use the SD card reader.
  • naks4u
    naks4u
    thanku very much sir but is it possible to do real time image capturing using all these things i mean , i want that if i give some command then whatever the image which is in focus of my camera will be captured and store it in my pc so is it possible by the above mentioned stuffs
  • Predictor
    Predictor
    naks4u
    I AM WORKING ON IMAGE COMPRESSION AND FOR THE SAME I WANT TO CAPTURE A IMAGE FROM A CAMERA AND STORE IT IN TWO MY PC FOR FUTHER PROCESSING IS IT POSSIBLE
    I've had some success with Yawcam - Yet Another Webcam Software, which will map the image sensed by the Web cam to the computer's filespace. Once Yawcam is set up and running, MATLAB programs can simply imread to grab images.

-Will Dwinnell
    Data Mining in MATLAB
  • naks4u
    naks4u
    thanks friend for replying now can any one tell me if i have more then one source for video and image capturing connected to my pc or lap simultaneously than how i can select a particular source and get the data in my workspace in matlab................
  • scurrminator
    scurrminator
    yes its possible
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    naks4u,
    let be brief you little amout image comression...hope you know todays advanced MJPG,MPEG4.these compression technologies are embedded in cameras of today.we had developed many & is on roll in our CCTV security industry. now if camera has inbuild feature like this its very ease to do nothing as such.
    Now if you use webcam & want to process same in Matlab it will be possible with single source multiple application algorithms..If you have any more queries go ahead
  • Asha T
    Asha T
    RBC count in blood samples i m planin to do a project
    on image processing....but i wud like to do it in matlab code. ...can anyone help me regarding the code ...my mail id is

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hii i am doing B.E and i wanted to do a project in inian airlines . can any one tell me if indian airlines have got any projects for students????
BASIC SOCKET PROGRAMMING IN JAVA Client/Server A server is anything that has some resources that can be shared. A client is simply any other entity that wants to gain access...
hi all... i want to ask about how connect flash mamory USB in mobile and use as momory in mobile😕
Hi all, I am working on a project where im making a robotis hand. The absic structure, skin and servo motors are all set up. But I am having trouble...
India's second biggest tech fest by IIT Roorkee: Cognizance. Official Website: Cognizance 2009::Second Biggest Techfest in India. IIT Roorkee About Cognizance: The Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee is proud to...