Help me to build a robot for robowar competition

HI,.... Currently im building a robot to participate in robowar. I need your suggestion,....

1. speed of motor
  2. torque
  3. which metal should i use to cover the robot
If anyone knows, please reply soon.
Thank you,...
๐Ÿ˜”

Replies

• Farjand
    Farjand
    Re: help me to build a robot for robowar compitation

Welcome to CE Nagesh,
    First of all I would advice you to list what are the priorities of your robot. Do you mean to build it for a race?
    Then it should be fastest. Try to use a motor which will give you a very good torque. Are there any special specifications?

Tell us those, it would be helpful in giving you an advice. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jishnu Gupta
    Jishnu Gupta
    Re: help me to build a robot for robowar compitation

Well im also workin on the same project ...can some1 plz enlist d various competitions dat take place in the robo wars contest......??????
  • henriques
    henriques
    i can help you contact me in skype cacola1974
  • sujith simon
    sujith simon
    @ Mr.FARJAND
    I totally disagree with your comment stating that "you need the fastest motor in a roborace competition"
    n 300 rpm o max 500 rpm is enough for roborace!! because as you know you ll be losing points if you touch o displace any obstacles on the track....if the rpm exceeds 500 it ll be very difficult to control your bot.. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • gul fatima
    gul fatima
    i have the same issue i dont have any idea to construct robot and i have to construct a robo for robo war plz help me out ๐Ÿ˜”
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    gul fatima
    i have the same issue i dont have any idea to construct robot and i have to construct a robo for robo war plz help me out ๐Ÿ˜”
    @#-Link-Snipped-# Welcome to CrazyEngineers.
    Check our 'Downloads' section for robotics related books. Here's the one which might help you : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    This is a very interesting topic. Our electronics engineers team here can make a really good tutorial about the basics. A lot of engineers from all over India are struggling to make their first robot and have the dream of competing at Robowars. Something needs to be done to help these guys.
  • Ramesh_Kumar
    Ramesh_Kumar
    Helloo... there are many types of motors you can use. if you go for high torque DC motors, the output is good but costs too high. once upon a time i have done Robowars and i have used Self starter motor of Bajaz Pulsar Bike it comes at low cost at any automobile workshop and you can run with a high power battery. it will give a sufficient torque required for Robowars. But be carefull with wiring and all use high quality wire and for remore controll, i used limit switches becacuse they work with high currents accurately without damaging. Choose a high rating 12V/24v battery of minimum 7ah(current rating) or you may use Car batterys. I am attaching my design but its not my final one, the initial stage of my project. if you need, i can help you more with the design and mechanisms also.[โ€‹IMG][โ€‹IMG]
  • IMRAN BASIT
    IMRAN BASIT
    hello guys.....i want to ask that .....it would be better to use D.c Series motor for Robo WAR ???

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is a short description of how DHCP works. DHCP stands for dynamic host configuration protocol. It's a protocol that lets network admin to automate the assignment of IP addresses...
An International Conference on Control, Communication and Power Engineering is going to be conducted during Nov 07-08, 2011, in Pune, India. The event is organized by Association of Computer Electronics...
Electricity Board supplies electricity, here as 220V and 11kV. The later is again decreased to 220V and then used. My question is what is the need for 11kV supply. I...
hey friends, suggest me where to start from as i am just a beginer in this subject...How to proceed n which websites to follow to take some help??
hello.. I need to know the formulas that can be used to design a drum brake . Something that incorporates the deceleration req, friction of friction lining, pedal force and...