help me decide for networking or programming.

Hey please help me I am a B-Tech (I.T) student .

I have done ccna,Rhce, mcse,c,c++,java(j2se) and preparing for scjp.

now i am confused where i go for networking or programming. I likes both fields and feels enjoy doing both and wants to learn further in both fields some persons tell me that I can go for only one field what should i do just suggest me.

Is their any fields that are the combination of both fields.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Re: help me deside for networking or programming.

You already have so many certifications. Unless you make the motive behind opting for networking or programming clear, you can't really make a good decision.
  • durga ch
    durga ch

as far I see ( know)
    you have instances where you can program the network elements like switches,gateways , bridges and routers. these involve both clear concepts on how the elements work and functionality stuff and good programming skills for robust programming as well.

you can browse over internet to search for opportunities in this feild.
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya

Shashank,
    Take up an interest in the field of Telecommunications, esp. the network side of it. Also, you can look up embedded programming so that you can further your career in the telecom equipment manufacturer area (organizations like Samsung, Motorola, Spice, Sony Ericsson hire programmers in this area).
  • shashankcool30
    shashankcool30
    Decide between networking or programming

Hi,
    currently i am doing computer science engineering.I have done CCNA and J2SE
    certifications.One of my teacher recently told me that doing networking will not help you getting a good placement in college but rather you should concentrate on programming .
    I am interested in networking and my programming is also good.So, kindly give your view on this.

I am also planning to do some more recognized certifications.Can you suggest some certifications or help me to decide between MCSE ,J2EE, J2ME, RHCE, CCNA-SECURITY AND CCNA-WIRELESS.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Re: Decide between networking or programming

Looks like all CEans named Shashank are having same questions 😀
    you should have checked out this thread before starting up a new one

THREAD ->#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare

Yeah and they post their threads in technical discussion sections.

Thread moved.
  • skipper
    skipper
    I once agonized over which path to take in the CS domain. But here's the thing: if you have good programming skills (you can use at least three languages, and assembler say), and also have good mechanical aptitude, it should all come together.

I also noticed that in the industry, generally programmers don't need a degree, or if they have one it usually isn't in IT.
  • shashank734
    shashank734
    Thanks friends for the suggession but i haven't done globel certifications but i know that stuffs i am the student of the HCL Infosystem and currently i can't deside what should i do. should i go for the programming certifications or networking certifications cause the price of the certifications are too costly and i can't afford all of them.

But i realize that i have bit much intrest in programming. and now tell me according to your openion which field is best for me. I don't want to go in the field of embeded system or hardware device programming. I likes software programming.

should i learn both and deside in future what is good for me.
  • callyD
    callyD
    Really it depends on what you'd rather end up doing in life later on. Also I think most colleges do have career/academic counselors available for free that you can talk to and decide which path you want to take.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

How to study relay operating curves ????
hello, I am doing a small project, for tht i ned a light sensor ckt. Can anybody suggest me where i can find it. I have got few. But its...
I am doing aircraft maintenance engineering in avionics stream with that I am simultaneously doing AMIE electronics & communication engineering,can I option for the job other than in aviation field,could...
true color of a wonderful man shown in the movie and most of the movie fans did waited to see this movie it was rather out standing movie experience and...
Hello everyone! I'm and elec eng student. I'm on the first year of studies and I already have a project in Digital Systems. I really don't know where to start...