light sensor

hello,
I am doing a small project, for tht i ned a light sensor ckt. Can anybody suggest me where i can find it. I have got few. But its not reliable m feelin. So plz help me out. Relply sooooon😒

Replies

• reachrkata
    reachrkata
    Try photodiodes / Phototransistors.

-Karthik
  • cooltwins
    cooltwins
    i am not sure about this but will LDR (Light dependent resistor) work
    i used it once to find the change in amount of light falling on it
  • madhura hegde
    madhura hegde
    thanks a lot frendz......if i face any prob then surely approach again...😛
  • suman.mathad
    suman.mathad
    i am new here.. i am in first sem
    eee is realy tough for me .. please tell me how to cop with and also how to do projects[​IMG]
  • distrito
    distrito
    color sensor project

I am new to eee. We have a color sensor lab project.
    Photoresistors, LED diodes, opamps should be used.
    Can you please help with its circuit?
  • cranky
    cranky
    Use LED in f/b,photodiode(or LDR*) in r/b (don't forget to connect resistors in series with both components)..

connect the voltage across photodiode to one input of op-am and the other input will be a reference(use potentiometers for that)..connect other terminals of op-am to battery terminals(positive and negative)...

Your sensor is ready..depending on whether white or black surface the voltage across photodiode is going to change and hence the output

*LDR are sensitive to atmospheric light so photodiodes will be a better option..however,make sure your photodiodes work well..and there is no biasing in case of LDR's

Any doubt please ask😁
  • electronicsunzz
    electronicsunzz
    hi ,
    moreover one can increase the sensitivity of the sensor by not letting other light falling on the light dependent resister expect the light we desired to sense.
    this gives the accurate change in the resistance with respect to the desired light which we want to sense.
  • cranky
    cranky
    the distance between the led and diode should be very less..the angle of cone should be less than equal to six degree for more sensitivity😁
  • distrito
    distrito
    thanks a lot for your assistance friends.
    our sensor has to display three detected colors seperately. RGB.
    So, does this mean that photoresistors can be used as brightness sensor?
    When red light from the LED for example, shines on red and green objects, the light will be reflected more by red object compared to the green object. So can this sensor measure the brightness of the reflected wave and sense that the red object brighter than the green one?

I hope this is a good approach. I need a confirmation from you, please.
    It seems thatI will need to use more than one op-amp. How will I calibrate the sensing of the three colors?

Red Green Blue LEDs should turn on when sensing red, green, blue colors respectively.

thanks beforehand

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am doing aircraft maintenance engineering in avionics stream with that I am simultaneously doing AMIE electronics & communication engineering,can I option for the job other than in aviation field,could...
true color of a wonderful man shown in the movie and most of the movie fans did waited to see this movie it was rather out standing movie experience and...
Hello everyone! I'm and elec eng student. I'm on the first year of studies and I already have a project in Digital Systems. I really don't know where to start...
hey guys!! i need the code for a scientific or graphing calculator in c or c++. please help!! and also suggest me with a topic for embedded technology
1) Two lamps of 200W,200V and 100W,220V are connected in series across 220V supply.The ratio of current through theem will be i) 1:2 ii)1:1 iii)2:1 iv)1:4 2)Two heaters,rated at 1000W,250V...