Help in creating a 3D model

Hello guys!

I am very new to CAD and I am looking to create a 3D model of the attached part. Its pretty simple but I just don't know how to create that slanting surface at the top. I am not even concerned about dimensions. Thanks!

Replies

• zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    i would suggest you to download google sketchUp which is very user friendly. You can create 3D models if you have the basic knowledge of auto cad..
  • venkatking.v
    venkatking.v
    vipandeep
    Hello guys!

I am very new to CAD and I am looking to create a 3D model of the attached part. Its pretty simple but I just don't know how to create that slanting surface at the top. I am not even concerned about dimensions. Thanks!
    Sir,
    u can learn from cad helping files which explain briefly how work in cad...!
    just get it from help menu..
  • Amol Sidankar
    Amol Sidankar
    i want to install catia how can i install crack file?
  • Naveen Rathee
    Naveen Rathee
    Amol Sidankar
    you can not ask such questions on this form.Take care in future.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Amol Sidankar
    We don't encourage piracy. Ask on some other forum.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    May be you should try solidworks. You can easily download it by searching on Google. It is free as far as I know. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • CE Designer
    CE Designer
    Solid Works for free????????? If you find this please post the link here hehehehehe, but i highly doubt that you can dload it for free. Google Sketchup is great and i know its free. Use that!
  • Reya
    Reya
    I think, issue meant the trial version of solid works ๐Ÿ˜›
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    CE Designer
    Solid Works for free????????? If you find this please post the link here hehehehehe, but i highly doubt that you can dload it for free. Google Sketchup is great and i know its free. Use that!
    Some time back, Ramani sir had made a small model of solar water heater and we all wanted to view it in our computers. He suggested that we download it. I have Unfortunately I never used it again. Here is the link. Hope it works-Downloads | Support | SOLIDWORKS

Reya
    I think, issue meant the trial version of solid works ๐Ÿ˜›
    Yes I think it is trial version.
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    if you are working in auto cad
    then you can draw a slanted surface by establishing a new UCS
  • viky1147
    viky1147
    Ya for 3D modeling its better you try PRO/E or Solid works ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Issue
    Yes I think it is trial version.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Alex ee
    Alex ee
    try #-Link-Snipped-#
    go to click on trial version . there are autocad for student and also for trying. Hope you can download from there.
  • ashish sharma
    ashish sharma
    any1 want to download Auto-Cad or related s/w. go to
    Autodesk | 3D Design, Engineering & Construction Software
    1. register yourself
    den you can download available s/w free of cost and that too original.
  • ashish sharma
    ashish sharma
    my friend are you asking about how to chamfer the surface in 3d cad s/w?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    what about pro-e ? how much does the software cost in the market ?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    vipandeep
    Hello guys!

hey that is damn easy !

i know creating this model in pro-e

first sketch a circle of the given diameter and then extrude it to form the cylinder of the required length, without considering the chamfered top slant portion.

then create a datum plane parallel to the cylindrical face of the object. sketch the profile of the portion of the material that will be removed after chamfering.

next press "extrude" and then the "remove material" command and finally "Done"

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi, I am currently doing a project for university, my criteria are 4m wingspan and 20 W/lb and max speed of 49 km/h, I have to make an electric glider...
hi is there any news letter which will give daily updates on the current technology? I know Crazy engineers gives updates. But still I want to know newsletters or magzines...
arrange the numbers 1 to 8 in the grid below such that adjacent numbers are not in adjacent boxes (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally). the arrangement above, for example, is wrong...
Guys, I tried to install primavera on w7 but I can't complete the process.๐Ÿ˜” How to know the version? Whether it can be installed on w7? steps? Anyone with similar...
Hi All, I can't stop thinking of 8085 micro-processor when it come with LED controls so, i was just working to build my on 8085 Board. This was my first...